WoTC to hire new Director of Brand Marketing for D&D

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Note that your thread title is incorrect. From the listing, they aren't looking for a new Brand Manager. They're looking for a Director of Brand Marketing - this is a person to whom Brand Managers report.

catsclaw227

First Post
Ha!

Sorry, Kzach my boy! :p

I'm not a forum wagerer(or?) so I don't want to stop coming here, nor would I want you to be kept away.

But I forgot the about the 40th anniversary, so 2014 would be a better bet and yes, I agree, a longer development cycle may be better. So, if it happens with public betas (open), when do those start? When do the preliminary private betas (500 or so gamers) start? Or do they even do any of that?

catsclaw227

First Post
Note that your thread title is incorrect. From the listing, they aren't looking for a new Brand Manager. They're looking for a Director of Brand Marketing - this is a person to whom Brand Managers report.

Noted. I [-]am making[/-] have made the change.

Last edited:

nedjer

Adventurer
This sounds like a job for...a Gamer with an MBA!!!!!!

...who lives in or near Washington.

I live in Tx. Damn.

(May still ally for it, though.)

Despite the suit not required and brains wanted statements it reads as a job for a career marketing dude. Gamer and brains both = risk = low priority. Extensive use of Powerpoint fade effects left and right = safe = high priority :)

IronWolf

blank
With Monte coming on as a developer/imagineer (whether as a consultant or full-time employee) and now a new brand manager position announcement, I think this portents a new edition big time. When? I say the D&D XP show or Gencon 2013. There's still a lot to be done and I hope they adopt an open beta program.

Definitely seems big things afoot at WotC.

I suspect gearing up for something big in 2014. Encouraged that they are starting this far out if that is the case - because the time will fly between now and then!

nedjer

Adventurer
Ha! If they hired me, they'd be in for a surprise!

Perhaps we should do a little planning in case they go telecommute. I was thinking I'd head up the marketing plan with:

• deploy all employees to play in and spike all local outbreaks of Pathfinder contagion
  • task staff to place persuasion by Danish pastry on the marketing frontline (obviously this is the win)
  • raise morale through the roof with weekly beetle drives (damn how we loved those in the 70s)
  • make all workers prove their loyalty with a WoTC butt tattoo
  • insist every worker wear a skirt to assist public access to WoTC promotional butt tattoos

Yeah, I know, you all want to work for me now :angel:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Hmm...

Familiar with Duel Masters?!? Either they failed at copy pasta or we now know what the next setting will be. :D

I can just imagine 4.5/5e's criticism...

3.xe is borken dungeon bloat
4e is wow..
5e is anime!

mudbunny

Community Supporter
I bet you that we won't see a new edition any time in the next two years. I'll go a location bet for a month but I'm also willing to do a ban bet.

I'll go with a location bet. However, and I am not sure if you want to bet on this, I will bet that they will announce in 2013, for release in 2014, some sort of 40th anniversary edition of previous rule sets.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
I'll go with a location bet. However, and I am not sure if you want to bet on this, I will bet that they will announce in 2013, for release in 2014, some sort of 40th anniversary edition of previous rule sets.

Well, I specifically mean 5th-edition D&D released (not announced), before September 2013, ie. two years from now :)

Which is a really long time to wait for a bet to be resolved. Put it on your calendar :D

Remove ads