• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC warped book covers...

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Dr. Harry said:
Surely every gamer has a big stack of books they could sit at the base of for a day or so?
Funny - I tried that with my copies of Savage Spieces & Arms &Equip, and even after several days under 100 pounds of books, they still remained warped. Sitting tightly on my bookshelf, the books still come out curved.

I think it might be a combination of inferior boards, and perhaps paper shrinkage during the process of covering them?

kreynolds

First Post
Include me on the list of people that have encountered this. Hey...check that out. This seems to be a rather pervasive problem in Texas! :D

Oh, I should mention that I fixed my covers rather easily, the most recent being Races of Faerun. Believe it or not, the first thing I did was get a real good hold on that sucker and bend the holy crap out of it in the opposite direction. After that, about an hour of sitting under my PH, DMG, MM, MMII, D20 Modern, ELH and Savage Species, it was perfect.

Last edited:

Rydac

Explorer
I'm from Arlington, but I've been living in Dublin, Ireland the last 18 months..... and I've noticed the same problem with warped covers over here, so they're inflicting this on Texans everywhere :)

d20Dwarf

Explorer
kreynolds said:

Hey, man. I grew up in Arlington. You from there originally?

I haven't yet picked up Fiend Folio because of this exact problem.

Yeah, I'm basically from Arlington. :) It's good to be home.

carpedavid

First Post
It's a problem in Ohio too. Both Savage Species and the Fiend Folio have exhibited this problem. I also noticed this on every copy of Arms & Equipment and Unapproachable East I flipped through the other day.

I first noticed it with the release of Savage Species, though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads