• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would Gestalt DMG NPC class PCs be balanced?

VirgilCaine

First Post
I had a thought the other day, (it may be more like remembering something I had almost forgotten...) when I was thinking about how to power up a flavored adept for possible PC use, that using the Gestalt rules with the DMG NPC classes might result in a balanced PC class.

Well, would it?

Jack Simth

First Post
Well... shouldn't be overpowerd; Bard > Adept + Expert; Paladin > Adept + Warrior; I suspect it would still be a bit under-powered; I can't really think of a two NPC-class combo that I would prefer over a similarly styled PC class, power-wise.

Sejs

First Post
Should be fine.

Actually, it's an interesting take on things. I'll give it a try in my campaign and see how it works. Thanks for the idea.

A Warristrocrat actually sounds about right for a particular NPC that I've been dragging ass on stating up. Cheers. :D

VirgilCaine

First Post
Sejs said:
Should be fine.

Actually, it's an interesting take on things. I'll give it a try in my campaign and see how it works. Thanks for the idea.

A Warristrocrat actually sounds about right for a particular NPC that I've been dragging ass on stating up. Cheers. :D

That would be very helpful. The combination is light on class abilities, but you get more background with two classes--say, a Waradept--a warrior who has a few mystical spirits at his command or is an enlightened Greek flavor philosopher or wherever Adepts get their spells IYC.

Remove ads