Would you buy a 3e Greyhawk Camapaign Setting Book?

Wolf72

Explorer
you men with rules, PrC's and other stuff right?

I think LGJ is pretty good with lots of info already (I like it).

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
In a second!

I don't much care for the Realms, although I know more about it than I do Greyhawk.

Maybe that's why I would appreciate a Greyhawk book, I just didn't pay enough attention to it the first (and second?) time through.

Wulf

chatdemon

First Post
njorgard said:
If WotC were to publish a "World of Greyhawk" Campaign book, would you buy it?

They did, and I did.

Go get the the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, it's well worth the price. While it may be light on "3e goodies" like prestige classes and whatnot, it is by far the most detailed and comprehensive guide to the Greyhawk setting yet.

Attachments

• Zaknafein_-_Todd_Lockwood.jpg
    Zaknafein_-_Todd_Lockwood.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 5,554

graydoom

First Post
I wouldn't. I prefer books with more "crunchy" stuff, and I've never really cared all that much about the Greyhawk setting.

There is certainly no need for a new Greyhawk campaign book.

Living Greyhawk Gazetteer covered a lot of bases and all "generic" WotC material is assumed to be for Greyhawk since it's become their flagship campaign world.

I think that a full campaign adventure set specifically in Greyhawk like Night Below would be really cool though...

njorgard

First Post
They did, and I did.

Go get the the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, it's well worth the price. While it may be light on "3e goodies" like prestige classes and whatnot, it is by far the most detailed and comprehensive guide to the Greyhawk setting yet.

I already have it and I would have to agree with you on the setting info contained. However, if you compare it with the treatment the've given to other settings such as FR and Rokugan, it falls VERY short. Like someone else said on a previous post, I would like to see some "Greyhawk" specific crunchy bits published such as character info, ongoing plots, prestige classes, spells, feats, etc.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Well , the WotC classbooks are all Greyhawk based remember. So we have quite a bit of 'crunchy' bits like spells, PrC, feats and even organizations found in Greyhawk.

Granted its not all in one book and to get everything would run you about $130 US (all 5 classbooks and the LGJ). A nice hardcover with all this info and a big map might be nice but you're better off petitioning WotC or Erik Mona to see any results

Remove ads