• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would you like cheese with that Whine? *RANT*

Jesus_marley

First Post
I don't know if this is due to geography, the line of work that I am in or if it's a general sign of the times but I have noticed that people have become increasingly whiny. Every day when I come to work I hear my co-workers complain. They complain about everything from the vehicles they are assigned to drive, to the patrols they have to do and everything in between. I find myself getting more and more pissed off every day. I am not used to hearing this much whining. where I am from, you do your job. you save the complaints for after work when you are having a beer. Here, all I hear is people bitching and moaning about how they don't like this, they don't like that, the work is too hard... wah wah wah. All I have to say to this is If you don't like it, quit. Someone else will do it if you don't want to.

And it isn't just confined to my work. I see it in everyday life. People are allergic to inconvenience. If it gets in your way, complain. If it impacts your life in any way that you don't like, then all of a sudden It's The End Of The World!. And it even extends beyond peoples own personal inconveniences. You've heard of the NIMBY's (Not In My Back Yard) the one's who want prisons and hospital and shelters as long as it is no where close to them but out here we have to deal with the BANANA's as well (Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anybody). Yet these are the same people who complain about crime, and traffic congestion, and drug addicts. It seems to me that people are only happy when they are miserable. If they have nothing to whine about, they'll whine about that.
End Rant

And Yes I am fully aware of the irony of this rant. :)

Hijinks

First Post
I have to agree with you.

I wonder if it's the way our society has become so entitlement-minded lately. It seems to me like nowadays there's a definite desire for people to get what they want NOW and to heck with anyone who gets in their way. No one wants to wait in line or be courteous to a service person. It's kind of sad.

fanboy2000

Adventurer
Here is my take:

Observational stand-up comedy. Most of this is the comic complaining about various parts of life. See Bill Engvall.

AnonymousOne

First Post
Hijinks said:
I wonder if it's the way our society has become so entitlement-minded lately.
Bingo! And people wonder why I'm a bit of a Randian objectivist. I hate people who think I or the world owes them something.

ObiAndy

First Post
Hijinks said:
I have to agree with you.

I wonder if it's the way our society has become so entitlement-minded lately. It seems to me like nowadays there's a definite desire for people to get what they want NOW and to heck with anyone who gets in their way. No one wants to wait in line or be courteous to a service person. It's kind of sad.

Couldn't be truer (is that even a word?! :heh: )

I work in an ER in a major metro area, and I can't tell you the number of people who bitch that they've been waiting for 45 minutes to be seen by the doctor for the sniffles they've had since this morning, and then rolling their eyes when we tell them that the guy who came in after them got seen first because he was having a heart attack at that particular moment.

And I love the blank stares when we have to explain that no ER in the world works on a "first-come-first-served" basis............... :\

Remove ads