• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wowee wow wow wow! (24 - 4/18/04)

TracerBullet42

First Post
Do I need to mention that there will be spoilers here? I think not...but if you don't want to read them, then go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

La da dee, la da daa...

Is this enough space?

Ok, so now we can get to the good stuff. I thought they'd off Chappelle. I knew it was coming. Yet, it was still rough to watch. I really felt for the guy and wanted to smack Chase for getting in his face. Another great job making ya feel for the guy who can get on your nerves as well...(George Mason, anyone?)

All in all, a great episode. The suffering people in the hotel, Michelle and Tony, Jack and Ryan, the lack of Kim....great episode.

But then...it happened. The preview for next episode. The words, "We need to find an agent that looks like his daughter..." More horrifying words have never been spoken! I cried out, "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!" But it did no good. Who knows what wacky hijinx Kim will get into now. Just when I was starting to be really pleased with her role this season. (Read as: enjoyingbackground helper)

Well, I guess as long as there's no cougars, weirdo forest-dwelling hicks, babysitting jobs, psycho dads, kidnappers, or kung fu boyfriends I think she'll be ok...

Here's to hoping she doesn't screw things up too badly!

Sirius_Black

First Post
It apparently is the kiss of death for any character on 24 that has been a pain in the rear in the past, but then starts to be cool. First George, now Ryan. Loved the silence at the end instead of the clock counting. Plus, the chopper scene where he and Jack got in as the sun started coming up in the distance was beautifully filmed.

The_lurkeR

First Post
Good episode, but I just wanted to say that I'm not convinced Chappelle is dead. If you remember when Jack was walking him out of his room before they left, he said something to the effect of "... we need to rehearse this again before we leave..."

I smell a trick... but I guess we'll have to wait until next week to see for sure.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Grrr. I missed it. I was upset when I found out they were showing it tonight, since I had already decided to watch "Prime Suspect" on PBS (also very good, if you can catch it in your area).

Give me spoilers, details! Tell me everything that happened. If Jack did kill Chappell, it would be a great object lesson in an ethic of free responsibility that I can use for my class next week. Still ..... Whoa, what a buch of moral ambiguity.

Should I conclude that Michelle is not bleeding from her orafices yet? See, I don't think she's going to snuff it.

hmm... and just why do you suppose Michelle isn't sick yet? I bet one of two things.. either she's the one in a billion that's naturally immune (kind of a copout), or she's pregnant, and that messes with the virus somehow (I remember that was a factor in some other movie I saw once.....)

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
David Howery said:
hmm... and just why do you suppose Michelle isn't sick yet? I bet one of two things.. either she's the one in a billion that's naturally immune (kind of a copout), or she's pregnant, and that messes with the virus somehow (I remember that was a factor in some other movie I saw once.....)
Hmmm...*scanning the database at CTU for confirmation*

(A Door being smashed in)

"JACK!!!....wait, wait...I am not...one of them....WAIT!!!!"

*phhht, phhht*

*Silence*

Arnwyn

First Post
Hmmm.... Definitely the worst of the three seasons, and I've found that this season is getting worse - not better - as it goes along. The massive plot holes, inconsistencies, and improbabilities has resulted in the suspension of belief that this season requires being far too much for me. 24 is still entertaining, but certainly less so as time goes on.

My conclusions?

24 = entertaining, but stupid as hell.

Random thoughts:

* I, too, shudder to think how Kim can manage to end up the damsel in distress yet again.

* I'd say there's at least a 50% chance that Chappelle isn't really dead. Although, if he is, it would be sweet if they had implanted a bomb in his body so that when he gets to wherever Saunders is, they can just press a button and blow him the f--k up.

* Regarding Saunders' telephone node, why can't some CTU hacker track it back to wherever?

* I think a good way to off Saunders, assuming they eventually catch him, would be to infect him with his own virus and then just sit calmly (behind protective gear, natch) and watch him die.

* On a D&D note, the whole Saunders plot is a good example of what an evil DM can do with a former ally that got screwed over by the PCs: left behind the die or face the music, he returns for vengeance. Take note, aspiring rat bastards!

Welverin

First Post
Remus Lupin said:
Give me spoilers, details! Tell me everything that happened. If Jack did kill Chappell, it would be a great object lesson in an ethic of free responsibility that I can use for my class next week. Still ..... Whoa, what a buch of moral ambiguity.

Should I conclude that Michelle is not bleeding from her orafices yet? See, I don't think she's going to snuff it.

Check the official page for a recap.

I don't see Chapelle being anything but dead, how stupid would the bad guys have to be not to check for a little thing like that? Plus bullet holes to the head are a bit hard to fake.

Nope, Michelle still isn't showing any symptoms, the head of security for the hotel is. They also started distributing the suicide pills.

Remove ads