• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wrath of the Righteous

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Medjai nods at Jorgun's statements. "If you'll wake me halfway through the rest I'll finish the watch. I suspect you'll need some rest as well." He finds a spot near the others to roll out his bedding and lays his weapons near to hand, but remains in his armor. Before rest he kneels and prays silently. Dawnflower, I thank You for the attention You've given us this day, and humbly ask Your aid in the trials yet to come. I pray You bestow a portion of Your peace upon the members of this group, allowing us to resolve our differences - or to work together with goodwill in spite of those differences - in order to survive this ordeal, rise to the surface, and continue the work of ending this invasion of the Abyss into Your chosen realm. I ask nothing for myself but the strength to overcome my base nature, to make myself worthy to continue in Your service. Prayers complete, he goes to his rest with an easy mind, and sleeps until Jorgun wakes him for his watch.​
[/section]

Paladin (Shining Knight/Warrior of the Holy Light) 01

Init +1, HP 06/11, Speed 30
AC 17, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 16
Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +4

Base Attack Bonus +1
GreatSword +5 (2d6+6, 19/x2)
EarthBreaker +5 (2d6+6, 20/x3)
Dagger +5 (+2 Ranged, 10') (1d4+4, 19/x2)
Cestus +5 (1d4+4)

Lamellar (Leather) Armor (+4 Armor, +1 Dex, +2 Natural)

Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 11, Int 08, Wis 14, Cha 14

Condition None
[/sblock]

Elewan

First Post
[section]
Hannah, Female Elf Wizard 1
Hannah finds a quiet moment to talk with Aravashnial. Master Aravashnial, how are you coping? I'm sorry. I should have been a better guide for you today. I'm just so nervous. I didn't expect to be spending my birthday fighting my way through caverns under the city. Hannah wrings her hands and looks down, unsure. Master Aravashnail, how are you going to prepare spells when you can't see?

[/section][sblock=Character Sheet]Hananyelthia Mitholthir
Female Elf Wizard 1
CG Medium Humanoid (elf)
Init +9; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 10 (+3 Dex)
hp 7 (1d6+1)
Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments
Immune magic sleep; Resist elven immunities
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Rapier -2 (1d6-2/18-20/x2)
Ranged Longbow +3 (1d8-2/x3)
Wizard Spells Prepared (CL 1):
1 (3/day) Burning Hands (DC 17), Burning Hands (x2) (DC 17), Gravity Bow
0 (at will) Detect Magic, Light
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 7, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 10
Base Atk +0; CMB -2; CMD 11
Feats Scribe Scroll, Spell Focus (Evocation)
Traits Magical Lineage (Fireball), Reactionary, Riftwarden Orphan
Skills Knowledge (arcana) +9, Knowledge (engineering) +9, Knowledge (history) +9, Knowledge (planes) +9, Linguistics +9, Perception +5, Sense Motive +2, Spellcraft +9 (+11 to determine the properties of a magic item); Racial Modifiers +2 Perception
Languages Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Sylvan
SQ +4 bonus on initiative checks, arcane bonds (arcane familiar, scorpion, greensting), elven magic, empathic link with familiar, intense spells +1, opposition schools (divination, enchantment), share spells with familiar, specialized schools (admixture), versatile evocation (8/day)
Other Gear Longbow, Rapier, Scale of Cloudwalking, Pathfinder's kit, 43 GP
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Levitate (At will) - 0/0
Versatile Evocation (8/day) (Su) - 0/8
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
+4 bonus on initiative checks You gain the Alertness feat while your familiar is within arm's reach.
Admixture Associated School: Evocation
Divination You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Divination school.
Elven Immunities +2 save bonus vs Enchantments.
Elven Immunities - Sleep You are immune to magic sleep effects.
Elven Magic +2 to spellcraft checks to determine the properties of a magic item.
Empathic Link with Familiar (Su) You have an empathic link with your Arcane Familiar.
Enchantment You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Enchantment school.
Intense Spells +1 (Su) Evocation spells deal listed extra damage.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Magical Lineage (Fireball) A chosen spell counts as 1 level lower when metamagic feats are applied to it.
Share Spells with Familiar Can cast spells with a target of "You" on the familiar with a range of touch.
Spell Focus (Evocation) Spells from one school of magic have +1 to their save DC.
Versatile Evocation (8/day) (Su) Change the damage type and descriptor of a spell from acid, electricity, fire, or water to any other of those types.

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.[/sblock]

81Dagon

Explorer
"Nonsense Hannah," replies the senior wizard. "I will not be able to prepare new magic, even if I had brought my spellbooks. What I have already prepared will remain in my memory though, and we can make use of that magic if it comes to that."

jackslate45

First Post
Seeing that Jorgun is taking his watch alone, Luna stops herself from getting ready to sleep, and walks over to him. "I will join you on your watch for now Jorgun. It is always safer to take these things in pairs. Also, how trained are you in martial equipment? I must admit my training is more on focused on the longsword and the spear, but I found a war hammer that might serve you as a back up weapon."
[sblock=Luna Stats]
Luna Lightbringer
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +3* CMD: 14 * +2 vs Demons
Fort: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +4 (+2 vs Charm/Compulsion)
Perception: +4 (Darkvision 60')
Initiative: +1
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear; +3 1d8+4
Current Conditions in Effect: 2 AoO a round(Can make flat foot) ;
Acid/Cold/Electricity Resistance: 5

Touch of Glory(5/5): Gain +1 on next Cha based check. Last 1 hour or until used.
Seize the Initiative (4/5): At combat start, Ally within 30 rolls twice;
Daylight(Racial 1/day): Cast Daylight as SP ability
Dragon Scale (3/3): Resist Energy 3xday (Cold/Electricty. CL 19)
Channel Energy(0/4): 1d6

Level 0 Spells: Create Water, Mending, Stabilize
Level 1 Spells: Bless, Prot from Evil, Magic Weapon (D)

Holding Equipment:
2 CLW pot's
Gold Ring (Waiting for Calloh to wake up after watch to ID it if she cannot)
Masterwork warhammer
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Space_Titanium

First Post
As Jorgun heads out for his shift, he acknowledges Medjai's offer. "Thank you Medjai. I am glad you offered before I could rudely awaken you in the night without forewarning."

As he makes a spot on the step of the temple Jorgun notices Luna's approach. He tries to hide his surprise as he responds to her speech. "Miss Luna, thank you for the weapon, but I doubt it would do anymore good in my hands than in yours - my training neglected a wide selection of weapons. Also, though I appreciate the company, there is no need to trouble yourself with the task of watch. You seem far more tired than myself, and you have expended far more of your powers during our travel than I have." Jorgun cocks his head for a moment, contemplating something, then continues, "That said, I suppose there's no immediate call for you to rest. Come, take a seat beside me."

jackslate45

First Post
With a smile Luna says "Clearly you have the basics of ranged combat down. Something, I admit, I never fully understood or appreciated until that fly appeared. As for the warhammer, I'll give it to Medjai on the marrow."

Taking the seat next to the man Luna continues, at a much quieter voice "How about this crazy situation we're in now? This seems to be a right mess...Not what I expected at all arriving here..."

Elewan

First Post
[section]
Hannah, Female Elf Wizard 1

Tell me, Master Aravashnial, what do you know of our companions?
[/section][sblock=Character Sheet]Hananyelthia Mitholthir
Female Elf Wizard 1
CG Medium Humanoid (elf)
Init +9; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 10 (+3 Dex)
hp 7 (1d6+1)
Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments
Immune magic sleep; Resist elven immunities
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Rapier -2 (1d6-2/18-20/x2)
Ranged Longbow +3 (1d8-2/x3)
Wizard Spells Prepared (CL 1):
1 (3/day) Burning Hands (DC 17), Burning Hands (x2) (DC 17), Gravity Bow
0 (at will) Detect Magic, Light
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 7, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 10
Base Atk +0; CMB -2; CMD 11
Feats Scribe Scroll, Spell Focus (Evocation)
Traits Magical Lineage (Fireball), Reactionary, Riftwarden Orphan
Skills Knowledge (arcana) +9, Knowledge (engineering) +9, Knowledge (history) +9, Knowledge (planes) +9, Linguistics +9, Perception +5, Sense Motive +2, Spellcraft +9 (+11 to determine the properties of a magic item); Racial Modifiers +2 Perception
Languages Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Sylvan
SQ +4 bonus on initiative checks, arcane bonds (arcane familiar, scorpion, greensting), elven magic, empathic link with familiar, intense spells +1, opposition schools (divination, enchantment), share spells with familiar, specialized schools (admixture), versatile evocation (8/day)
Other Gear Longbow, Rapier, Scale of Cloudwalking, Pathfinder's kit, 43 GP
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Levitate (At will) - 0/0
Versatile Evocation (8/day) (Su) - 0/8
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
+4 bonus on initiative checks You gain the Alertness feat while your familiar is within arm's reach.
Admixture Associated School: Evocation
Divination You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Divination school.
Elven Immunities +2 save bonus vs Enchantments.
Elven Immunities - Sleep You are immune to magic sleep effects.
Elven Magic +2 to spellcraft checks to determine the properties of a magic item.
Empathic Link with Familiar (Su) You have an empathic link with your Arcane Familiar.
Enchantment You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Enchantment school.
Intense Spells +1 (Su) Evocation spells deal listed extra damage.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Magical Lineage (Fireball) A chosen spell counts as 1 level lower when metamagic feats are applied to it.
Share Spells with Familiar Can cast spells with a target of "You" on the familiar with a range of touch.
Spell Focus (Evocation) Spells from one school of magic have +1 to their save DC.
Versatile Evocation (8/day) (Su) Change the damage type and descriptor of a spell from acid, electricity, fire, or water to any other of those types.

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.[/sblock]

81Dagon

Explorer
"Not much I'm afraid. I expect that most of these people are like you and have lived in Kenebras all their lives, as opposed to the two I have called this place home."

"I know of Anevia but I know her wife Irabeth better, since she is part of the Eagle's Watch. Not that a half-orc Paladin is tough to miss. I know that they have been together a long time and that Anevia takes scouting missions into the Worldwound on occasion for the Temple of Iomedae, although I believe she tithes to other churches as well. Both of them have been pushing for the Riftwardens and the Churches of Mendev to be more open in sharing their resources, however they haven't been fully successful,"
he says with a pronounced, tense pause.

"Horgus... I know well. You may recall that several months ago I developed a theory that the crusades were being subverted by demon cultists and that several nobles were funding those exploits. Lord Gwerm was one of the nobles I believed was involved and he did not take kindly to my accusations. The Temple of the Inheritor has since cleared his name... I paid both reparations and publicly apologized to Horgus, but I know he has not yet forgiven me, nor will his pride let him any time soon. He is very rich and true to his word, but he is secretive and very proud of the life he leads here."

With that, the elder elf falls silent.

Space_Titanium

First Post
Jorgun grins despite himself. "The bow is a deceiving weapon - it lacks the power or durability of a sword, but it's utility cannot be denied. However, sometimes a different touch is in order," he says as he takes the hilt of his greatsword, clearing the scabbard by a foot. "This weapon is a symbol of my clan and has saved my life on more than one occasion."

Jorgun's face darkens as he considers Luna's question, mimicing her caution with his reply. "The crusades have never been a...simple affair. Demons cannot be reasoned with, cannot be stopped - they corrupt everything they touch until it falls to the ground beneath their feet. They have been trying to reach the heart of Mendev and may have finally clawed their way through the country's defenses. It is not a good situation, but we must do everything in our power to turn the tide back and be rid of them for good."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads