• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wreck ashore (El Jefe judging) (Finished)

Someone

Adventurer
Eroin takes one of the crossbows, and she and Roddick each one keeps one potion from the recently looted.

After that you advance cautiously though the bushes, and just a few hundred yards ahead you notice the first signs of life. You are still too far away to see any of the brigands (pirates?), but you can see some structures.

In the beach a tower, or better said, a wooden scaffold holds a platform. In the sand it´s visible a large bundle of wood and a rowboat large enough to carry ten people.

Next to he beach, to the east of the tower and about 100 or 150 feet a grove of trees conceal some tents and other precarious structures from being seen from the sea. The vegetation and small sand dunes prevent you from seein any of the brigands (pirates?) but also make any approach easy if you´re careful –and lucky-

B4cchus

Explorer
Hulgyr whispers I don't think it is smart to go on a full frontal attack. We need to take them a couple at a time. Maybe we wait untill darkness?

nimisgod

LEW Judge
OOG: What time of day is it?

Wilhelm is cautious of the easy appearance of their camp. It could be that Oren might have warned the brigands. Or not. Either way, it would be a good idea to approach this with stealth. He stays at the back of the party and loads a bolt into his crossbow.

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: The sun is almost just above your heads. Or it´s noon, as you prefer. Is the whole group going to investigate, or are you sending one of you?

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Wilhelm's voice drops to a whisper as he convenes with the rest of the party.

"Aye, your words carry wisdom, Hulgyr. Let us wait 'till the sun sinks before we do anything. The darkness, I feel, will aid us rather than hinder us in our task. Eroin, do you think you are healed enough to do some scouting tonight? I've heard only good of the keen night eyes of Elves and your skills at the art of subterfuge will only be helped by the evening light. What say you?"

Someone

Adventurer
Eroin nods as the only answer, and you prepare to wait until sunset.

However, only an hour later, you hear voices coming from the east, they seem to be calling in loud voice, repeating two names. You can´t tell if they are coming to you or not, or how many of them there are.

B4cchus

Explorer
Can we estimate how far away the voices are?
If the are far enough (say, 300 ft or more) hulgyr whispers and gestures to move away from the camp a bit and ambush them there, as to alert the camp as little as possible.

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: Sorry, I couldn´t log in for almost two days, I don´t know if you had the same problem, but anyway will wait one day for Nimisgod and then post.

Someone

Adventurer
By the sound, you judge that they must be using the trail that extends to your left (supposing you´re looking north), so an ambust isn´t difficult to prepare. You position yourselves where the terrain clears up somewhat, making a 30 feet diameter sandy spot surrounded by bushes.

[ooc: I´ll need some details on how and where you´ll hide. Assume the battefield you found is a rough circle with two exits, one to the east and one to the west. Out of the terrain is difficult.]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads