• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wrestling Roleplaying

Davmeister84

First Post
I've been hunting about trying to find a good system for simulating a WWE style pro-wrestling situation.

HKAT has been suggested, but IMO too much of it is movie based. I was thinking of maybe an odd grouping of WoD, HKAT, and 7th Sea.

But if anyone has a good idea, I'd love to hear it.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Know Your Role is fantastic. Very enjoyable as a game about pro wrestling as it is presented onscreen.

Kayfabe is a terrific game about what actually goes on behind the scenes in the world of pro-wrestling.

It ain't pretty:)

Allensh

Explorer
Davmeister84 said:
I've been hunting about trying to find a good system for simulating a WWE style pro-wrestling situation.

HKAT has been suggested, but IMO too much of it is movie based. I was thinking of maybe an odd grouping of WoD, HKAT, and 7th Sea.

But if anyone has a good idea, I'd love to hear it.

www.comicimages.com/kyr

WWE Know Your Role. This game rocks. I have been running it since it was in playtest, and it is a tremenndous amount of fun, has rules for on-the-fly maneuvers, great rules for promos, putting on shows...and a great Yahoo Group, WWERPGFan.

Allen Shock

malladin

Explorer
If you use D20 modern we included advanced grappling rules in our Modern Heroes: Martial Avengers supplemant to simulate WWE style wrestling in the systemand a couple of advanced classes and a Prestige class to go with them. Know Your Role sounds like fun, curious how it developes campaign ideas?
Nigel

Eternalknight

First Post
Know Your Role should be arriving on my doorstep this very morning, hopefully!

EK, who is all wrestled-out after Survivor Series, Raw, Smackdown Special and Smackdown vs Raw 2006.

Captain Tagon

First Post
Eternalknight said:
Know Your Role should be arriving on my doorstep this very morning, hopefully!

EK, who is all wrestled-out after Survivor Series, Raw, Smackdown Special and Smackdown vs Raw 2006.

Not me. But that's because I've got a couple of Japanese wrestling DVDs sitting on the desk I still need to watch.

Remove ads