Wretched Fencer

Bulak

First Post
This one is not from my 'Book of Blurry Beings'. It has MMII-like stats.

- - - - -

Wretched Fencer
Medium-Size Undead
Hit Dice: 4d12 (26 hp)
Initiative: +3 (Dex)
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 15 (+3 Dex, +2 natural)
Attacks: Rapier +5 melee
Damage: Rapier 1d6 (18-20/x2)
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60-ft, undead
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 16, Con -, Int -, Wis 9, Cha 6
Feats: Weapon Finesse (rapier)
- - - - -
Climate/Terrain: Any land and underground
Organization: Solitary, gang (2-5) or squad (6-10)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 5-8 HD (medium-size)

These undead creatures have been created from the bodies of skilled fencers. When a body starts decaying, it cannot be used to create a wretched fencer anymore. Therefore, wretched fencers look almost the same as they did in life. The only clues that one is dealing with undead, are the eyes, in which a bright, red light shines, due to the magic that created the undead being.

Combat
Wretched fencers fight as the skilled fencers they once were. Although they’re mindless, wretched fencers retain the dexterity and fighting skills they had in life. They follow the instructions of their creators, but they can only follow simple, one line orders.
Undead: Immune to mind-influencing effects, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, and disease. Not subject to critical hits, subdual damage, ability damage, energy drain, or death from massive damage.

- - - - -

Hope you like it, and all comments are welcome. :)

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
Suit yourself, but it would benefit from either Weapon Focus: Rapier, or Improved Critical: Rapier. :D

Also, I suggest you give it a little natural armor, either +1 or +2, as most undead (at least those who are not incorporeal) tend to have natural armor.

Later,

Last edited:

Bulak

First Post
I might upgrade it when I have the appropriate books myself, and it would probably get Weapon Focus (Rapier) then.

As for the natural armor; that's a good idea. I'll give it +2, just like a medium-sized zombie. :)

Bulak

First Post
You may. :D

I want to get that one first anyway. Not that I have much of a choice, since I haven't seen the Fiends Folio anywhere yet (although I could have missed it). I hope to get it this week, but my financial status might not allow it. :(

Bulak

First Post
That sucks. Where do you live, if I may ask? 'cause if someone from the USA can't get it, I'll probably have to wait a month or two before the first one even arrives in the Netherlands.

Remove ads