• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Writer announcing adventures release?

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
Would it be considered appropriate for a writer to announce the release of their adventure in the general forums?
I don't think I've seen this done before. Is it convention for writers to not talk about their products until a fan brings it up?

And yes the publisher (6d6fireball) has already announced it in the publishers and press releases forums.

Thondor

So . . . it depends. I'll elaborate.

6d6 fireball has just released its first adventure writing competition winning .pdf. (Of which I am the authour.) This adventure, the Sanctum of the Fiery Ladder, has just become available for free download as part of an open-playtest.

I was thinking of posting something along the lines of:

D&D 3.5 adventure open-playtest

As part of an ongoing adventure writing competition, the first monthly adventure has just been released for free as part of an open-playtest. The open-playtest is designed to help make this and future adventures even better.

You can download this adventure, the Sanctum of the Fiery Ladder, from 6d6 Fireball, here.

-------------------

Thanks for answering my questions. This is the first time I have a work being published. And I'd like to be able to talk about it.
If this is pushing the envelope I understand.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That sounds like a press release, and probably belongs in the publisher forum.

However, a thread which said "hey guys, I'm really excited because I won the competition and wrote this adventure! I'm excited because.... [cue discussion]" would be fine in the General forum.

A lot of it is in how you phrase it. The publisher forum is for announcements and solicitations; the General forum is for discussion.

Thondor

Thanks Morrus, I'll be sure to keep that tone in mind if I do start up a thread.

Also thanks for starting that thread Mark. Interesting to see where that will go.

Remove ads