• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Writer: Cyber Style City Guide

KingOfChaos

First Post
Probably have to bail on this one, Neal. I have to get you these animals and I have an assignment with FFG coming up and possibly MEG. It's why I am a little slow on sending the beasties to ya. :)

Clay_More

First Post
Thats so typical KoC, youre not letting one chance slip to mention that are you :)

If only I had ever read a single book of D20 Modern.....

Rahkan

First Post
1. Since the system will be d20 Modern, should we put all our prices in Wealth check DCs?

2. Do you just want stores, as in the City Guides? Can we have other places like restaurants, bars, seedy motels, governmental buildings, etc?

3. Should we assume our locations will be in the US? I'm going to try to make them generic, but I'm fairly sure that some of this stuff just isn't going to be compatible, culturally, with much of the world. A store in America isn't the same as a store in India.

tensen

First Post
Rahkan said:
1. Since the system will be d20 Modern, should we put all our prices in Wealth check DCs?

2. Do you just want stores, as in the City Guides? Can we have other places like restaurants, bars, seedy motels, governmental buildings, etc?

3. Should we assume our locations will be in the US? I'm going to try to make them generic, but I'm fairly sure that some of this stuff just isn't going to be compatible, culturally, with much of the world. A store in America isn't the same as a store in India.

1) Personally I prefer both normal cost and wealth value to be listed. Wealth actually is a very controversial topic when it comes to d20 modern, and people are venomently on either side of the fence.

2) All sorts of locations are fine. This call even allows for your local strip mall. (Meant as a series of stores.. not where someone places a Strip Club :) ) Small office Buildings, police stations, gas stations, are all valid locations.

3) Assume either American or European. Currently material for Cyber Style shows heavy detail on Europe, we have not yet covered the American area of the world.

Rahkan

First Post
I only have the Prime Rules supplement for Cyber Style and I'm unsure what normal cost is. Should we just go with this "very low, low,..." etc rating you have for the cyberware? Or should we make up some arbitrary cost in "credits" (which are referenced under the "Cost" explanation of your Cyberware section but seem to have no further explication).

tensen

First Post
Rahkan said:
I only have the Prime Rules supplement for Cyber Style and I'm unsure what normal cost is. Should we just go with this "very low, low,..." etc rating you have for the cyberware? Or should we make up some arbitrary cost in "credits" (which are referenced under the "Cost" explanation of your Cyberware section but seem to have no further explication).

Cyberware was defined that way such that a GM could apply a multiplier based on their campaign setting, and difficulty in getting items.

Credit is an arbitrary number that is universal... somewhat akin to an easy conversion to wealth.

Otherwise money is based on the multinational Euros (Eurodollar, EuroYen, and so forth). Locations tied to a specific location in the would may have pricing in the specific Euro type of that region, or Credits to be more generic.

You would have money in a bank in Credits... but carry Eurodollars in your wallet.

Rahkan

First Post
Okay, but I don't know how many credits average stuff costs. How many credits is a sandwich, that sort of thing. Theres a table in the d20 Modern book (7-1 on page 204) that relates the Purchase DC of an item to its cost in dollars, should I use that (but in credits instead of dollars).

Another question, I plan on putting information in on the various computers in the location and what a skilled hacker can do to them. Since 'Net of Dreams is presumably still written with the old ruleset, should I just use the d20 Modern hacking rules (which are pretty elegant) for these computers? You can redandify them for whatever additions your system has, when it comes out. You're going to have to do that for weapons and equipment anyway, since I don't have your weapon book and thus am not using it to generate equipment for these NPCs.

Sorry to be such a pain about all this, but there are some differences between your system and d20 Modern and I'm trying to figure out what they all are without buying all your books, which probably are still in the old rules and won't be of any help to me anyway.

Last edited:

Remove ads