• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X-Men 3 pics - who's that?

Kesh

First Post
Combination of both. The actor found the makeup uncomfortable/painful, and strongly disliked the time it took to get into/out of. He made statements that he would not do another movie unless that issue could be resolved, but that he also enjoyed the role and would like to do it again.

Given the realities of modern make-up FX, I don't think he'll be doing that kind of role again anytime soon.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
So, I guess that Kitty Pryde isn't the same actress as the one in the first movie, right?

Kind of a pity, really. Oh, well.

I'm a bit concerned that they're overdoing the number of new characters. I much prefer having not terribly many main characters, but a lot of cameos.

Then again, I really think that cameos in Marvel movies should be cross-franchise, too. Like, you could see, say, Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry in line for a movie in Spider-Man. But that's almost certainly not going to happen, which is a pity.

Brad

Big Jake

First Post
A cameo in Spiderman would be cool... they tend to happen all the time in the comic books. I liked the one where Spiderman took down Firelord single-handedly (who came to New York to get a pizza like at 8 a.m.), then at the end the X-Men (or was it the Fantastic Four?) showed up to help, too late, obviously.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Personally, I think the best solution for crossovers is name dropping, like the Mutant debate happening on TV in Spider-Man or the Fantastic Four on the Bugle's front page.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Viking Bastard said:
Personally, I think the best solution for crossovers is name dropping, like the Mutant debate happening on TV in Spider-Man or the Fantastic Four on the Bugle's front page.

Interestingly, the novelization of the first Spider-Man movie was pretty lousy with (by which I mean it had many) minor crossovers of exactly this nature.

Speaking of Crossovers, I always wanted to see Tobey Maguire on Smallville, in a "multi school event" kind of thing, and have him and Welling cross paths "Hey Clark", "Hi Peter" and nothing else. Just for the injoke.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Lord Mhoram said:
Speaking of Crossovers, I always wanted to see Tobey Maguire on Smallville, in a "multi school event" kind of thing, and have him and Welling cross paths "Hey Clark", "Hi Peter" and nothing else. Just for the injoke.

Except that "Smallville/Superman" is DC Comics and "Spiderman" is Marvel. That isn't likely to happen, especially at the movie level. :\

Nice preview pics for X3. Just saw the trailer last night before King Kong. I was expecting the DaVinci Code trailer, but they didn't show that one.

Cheers!

KF72

Taelorn76

First Post
On the crossover topic. I just watched FF and one of the deleted scenes had a cameo by Wolverine.
[sblock]
Well almost, Reed morphed his face to look like Wolverine's.[/sblock]

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Kesh said:
Given the realities of modern make-up FX, I don't think he'll be doing that kind of role again anytime soon.

I wonder if they couldn't just use digital effects over his form to change his skin color and texture, and give him the scars/tattoos. Obviously that must not work too well yet - I'd think it would be especially hard during high speed movement shots - but perhaps very soon.

Remove ads