• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X4: Master of the Desert Nomads - OOC

Rhun

First Post
Looks fun and I'd love to play. My submission:

Aram Al Tarik
Rogue 4 // Fighter 2 // Dervish 2 -or- Rogue 5 // Fighter 2 // Dervish 1

In combat he'll be a tumbling, twin scimitar fighter who looks to flank the enemy and score lots of sneak attack damage.

[sblock=Personality]
Personality
Aram was once quite selfish and greedy, always looking out for himself first. This was how his father had taught him to be, and that he could never rely on others. Since meeting Najm, though, Aram's personality has began to change. He has come to learn trust, and more and more thinks about things as they benefit the greater good. He believes in the concepts of honor and justice, though he realizes that man's laws are not always just. While he believes in defending the weak and oppressed, he is still a bit slow to react...the offer of coin motivates him much quicker, a holdover from his earlier life.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]
Aram grew up in the city of Ylaruam, raised by his father Tamir, an accomplished cutpurse and thief. Tamir raised his son in that tradition, teaching him the skills needed to be a thief, and the agile young boy was a quick study. About the time Aram came into adulthood, his father was caught stealing jewels from a wealthy qadi, and quickly executed for his crimes.

Aram continued his thieving ways, but his game was off after his father's death, and he made the mistake of picking a half-blind man by the name of Najm as a target. Najm caught Aram in the act, and then proceeded to defeat the young man in combat, leaving him bruised and bloodied. Still, Najm didn't call upon the law to deal with Aram; instead, he took it upon himself to teach and train Aram in hopes of bettering the lad's life. It turned out that Najm was formerly a soldier, and an elite guard of the Caliph.

Aram, anxious to learn something the would give value and meaning to his life, proved himself a talented and dedicated pupil, and quickly began to pick up the fighting techniques that Najm taught. Not only did the martial lessons stick, but Najm taught the young Aram about honor, and how it is the duty of the strong to protect the weak. These were things that Aram had certainly not learned from his father, and the young rogue soon found that these teachings gave him meaning and motivation.

After several years of study with Najm, the two came to the decision that Najm had taught Aram all that he could, and that Aram should go out into the world, seeking his own fortune and making his own life. Aram left Ylaruan
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Any Alignment? That's got me thinking about a class I've been dying to try, the Dread Necromancer (sorry... couldn't resist). Anyways...Kinem if you don't have Herroes of Horror please send me an e-mail (jericho_apa@hotmail.com) and I'll send you back the 4-pages from the book relating to the Dread Necromancer.

Name: Rajah Al-Qadim

Class: Dread Necromancer 8, AL: CN

Personality: Hunched and bowed by his perpetual misfortune, Rajah is not a very imposing person visually. With a head sparsely filled with greasy black hair and sunken and defeated green eyes, He relies on other things to notify people of his presence and abilities. Rather gaunt at 6'3" and 154 lbs, he tends to wear mismatched and oddly fitting clothing. His motto has always been to buy cheap what you don't absolutely need and with his nature, he doesn't truly need anything.

Background: Rajah tends to be an unlucky individual. From the circumstances that led to him becoming an orphan and his parents becoming undead, to just everday life, this has proven to be true. He knows that something is going to go wrong and it's going to happen for him. This leads to him being rather morose and pessimistic, but also cultivates a fierce temper. He throws himself into battle with reckless abandon because if something is already going to go wrong, he might as well go all out.

Note: I'm thinking to play him as a character who views death as a natural part of life and that one shouldn't waste the resources they leave behind... he won't be killing any peasants, etc.

Jemal

Adventurer
If you'd allow it, and still have room, I'd like to sign on as a Half-orc Warlock, my strange little take on the 'fighter-mage'. :)

Nargon the Acursed. He's loyal to his fellows and his country for taking him in despite his mixed heritage and cursed family line. VERY loyal to those who earn his respect, doesn't really like anyone else, unless they're strong, in which case he'd like to fight them and test his strength against theirs (Though he's not stupid enough to do this at innoportune times). :)

kinem

Adventurer
Just to be clear, what I'd like to see is:

Name, race class build, personality sketch, and a short background.

I want to know what makes him or her unusual and interesting, or even just plain realistic and typical for a human being (which would be unusual and interesting for a PC!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leif: You dwarf idea looks good.

WarShrike: Frenzied Berzerker has some issues and may not fit. I would ban deathless frenzy, though I know it's higher level.

Evilhalfling, WalkingDad, Rhun: Flesh out the character idea and we'll see.

renau1g: Looks good. I have HoH. DN is OK; just ask Anton Sharp.

Jemal: You played well in my last game but you dropped out without taking your leave. Why should I trust you now?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
kinem said:
Leif: Your dwarf idea looks good.
Excellent! Thank you. His name will be occurring to me soon, I trust. I'll try to get him worked up this weekend. I probably can't do so any sooner than that. Oh, I hope I'm chosen! I'm already looking forward to this game.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
kinem said:
Just to be clear, what I'd like to see is:

Name, race class build, personality sketch, and a short background.

I want to know what makes him or her unusual and interesting, or even just plain realistic and typical for a human being (which would be unusual and interesting for a PC!)

Girgal "Bloody Claws" Scalefoot, Ghostwise Halfling Druid 8
Feats: Spell Focus (Conjuration), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

Girgal is a wanderer. After some adventures in Hollow World, he converted to the deity Ka, patron of dinosaurs. He doesn't talk much about his past life, but their are hints he was member of an evil nature cult before conversion. He prefers dinosaurs for his wild shapes and animal companions.
His current companion is a fleshraker called "Ripclaw".

He has a chaotic personality but is a determined protector of nature. He is not easy to befriend for humanoids, but is a true friend in need. (Alignment: Savage neutral ;) )

He wears a hide armor made from the hide of his last companion, who sacrificed himself for Girgal. In fights he prefers spells and melee in wild shape. In normal situations, he rides his companion.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Hmm.. Unfortunately, if you look at it that way, there'd really be little I could say to reassure you.

Sometimes stuff happens, and you have to deal with it. We all understand that Real Life is more important than an online game, and if something happens that requires me to dissapear, then dissapear I must. I'd certainly try to warn people if such a circumstance were to come up again, but neither I nor anybody else on here can make such a promise, not truthfuly anyways. I have the exact same chance of dissapearing as anyone else on here.

If you want a reasurance, look at how long I've been here and how much I post when I'm here. I'm a good roleplayer, a frequent poster when I'm around, and pretty damn reliable if you disregard personal... issues... which can happen to anybody. I've seen lots of people come and go on these boards, and have been here for MANY games, both as DM and player, where I outlasted most or sometimes even all of the other people in the game.

Besides, if this game's as good as I'm thinking/hoping it'll be, I'll have very strong incentive to stick around, won't I? ;)

EvolutionKB

First Post
I've decided to switch up my concept a little bit. Shifter(beasthide) psychic warrior 8. Talisor is the kin of a group of were-crocodiles that hunted in a now dried up river. He was a member of one of the tribes that was marching for war until it was revealed that his tribe was sacrificing members to some greater power. The power was a mindflayer that had the tribal leaders on puppet strings with it alien abilities. When Talisor learned of his tribes domination, he was taken for a plaything of the mindflayer. Imprisoned deep below the world, the mindflayer tortured Talisor mentally and physically. Luckily Talisor was strong is both aspects, the experiments the mind flayer conducted on the shifter caused his psionic powers to manifest. Talisor killed the creature and wandered in the darkness alone to the world above. The traumatic experience along with wandering though countless miles of caves alone in the dark caused the hardy shifter to become deathly afraid of the dark and unstable mentally; he always carries a light on him in the darkness. Now that he has returned to the light of day, Talisor seeks to explore his new powers, as well as restore his tribes' leader to their right minds, or at least stop them from doing further harm.

Remove ads