X5: To the Temple of Death - IC

Rhun

First Post
Aram shrugs his shoulders and laughs as the centaurs galloped away. "Even those that despise the Master won't stand up to him. I guess that leaves the situation, as always, in our hands." Aram again begins walking, waving his companions to follow. "At least we have a bit better idea of what lies ahead."

renau1g

First Post
"Hmmm, truly odd creatures. Well, maybe on our way back we can convince them the truth of our words with the Master's head?" Father Fuller says, "Hey, what do you think those snake women are he was talking about?" he adds.

Rhun

First Post
"I'm not sure..." says Aram. "But if they can truly turn us to stone, then we must be on our guard against them. Kiera, Girgal? Have you ever heard of such a thing?"

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=WD]Girgal has heard of creatures called medusae which look like humans but with poisonous snakes in place of hair. It is said that the sight of their faces turns the viewer to stone.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 63/66, F +11,R+8,W+14
Ripclaw HP 48/57

"I only know tales and legend; a creature called medusae which looks like a human but with poisonous snakes in place of hair. The legend says, that the sight of her face turns the viewer to stone. I don't know if there is an entire race of them.
We shouldn't get near her unprepared...",
Girgal says cautiosly.

[sblock=ooc]

----

Ripclaw: Hide+15, Move Silently+10

Will use the Summon feat for flavor in out-of-combat situation, alternating between different elements.

Spot +17, Listen +18

Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame x2 - obscuring mist
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle – snake swiftness, mass
3 (3) – (protection from energy), stone shape, spirit jaws, – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement) enhance wildshape – SNA 4
5 (2) - (tree stride), SNA 5 - animal growth

Ripclaw has:
HP 57
AC: (with barkskin) 30 (T15, FF25)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+15, Move Silently+10
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Aram is mildly uncomfortable with the thought of becoming a statue. "You boys wouldn't happen to have any magic that would help keep us from turning to stone, would you?"

kinem

Adventurer
"I don't know what you boys can do" Keira says "but I can sense things around me with my eyes closed. Draconic heritage, y'know. It may help against those stoners."

As the party continues deeper into the valley, the vegetation becomes more dense and a few trees can be seen. You see a group of tents in the distance and centaurs patrolling around it, but they don't look too inviting.

A few miles in, the side of the valley to the left opens up. You can head that way, go straight ahead, or try approaching the horse-men.

In the meantime, Girgal finds some edible plants and small game that he could catch to replenish the party's supplies, and the streams look safe to drink from.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Aram is mildly uncomfortable with the thought of becoming a statue. "You boys wouldn't happen to have any magic that would help keep us from turning to stone, would you?"

Ripclaw HP 48/57

"I know a spell I could pray for... it is mighty magic and allows one to 'see' like a bat, not using ones eyes. But perhaps the gods bestow the Father with a more specialized miracles... I would need to pray for it though. Better we take a rest here, until we have a better tactic." Girgal suggests.

[sblock=ooc]

----

Will use the Summon feat for flavor in out-of-combat situation, alternating between different elements.

Spot +17, Listen +18

Spells:
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle – snake swiftness, mass
3 (3) – (protection from energy), stone shape, spirit jaws, – greater magic fang

Ripclaw has:
HP 57
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"Then let us rest here," agrees Aram. "We should post watches though, here within easy reach of the Master. What do you think of trying to approach the centaurs again?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Ripclaw HP 48/57

"For what? I don't think they will attack. We already know of the danger ahead and got food and a resting place. What could they give us more? Perhaps killing this medusa will earn their trust." Girgal replies.

[sblock=ooc]
How interact gaze attacks and the scrying spell?

----

Spot +17, Listen +18

Spells:

Ripclaw has:
HP 57
[/sblock]

Remove ads