• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E xanathar's guide to everything class options thread

pukunui

Legend
Tip on Chaos Bolt, it interacts with Empower Spell Metamagic in a really weird way, because Empower Spell allows you to reroll damage dice from the spell, including the D8s, giving you another chance at causing the spell to jump to another target.
Sounds pretty empowering to me!

Chaosmancer

Legend
It's more than three times/day when you get to higher levels. From 10th level on, it's basically once/encounter, with two extras you can toss in whenever.

Tireless spirit is decent, but up until level 9 the ability is advantage on 3 turns and 15 temp hp a day, and that seems very weak compared to what some of the other fighters are pulling off.

And really it is the lower levels where this class is going to be seen more and I just can't understand the logic of limiting it to a long rest when it is kind of underwhelming comparatively.

tuxedoraptor

First Post
for the summon spells like summon greater demon/summon lesser demon that do not give you the ability to pick your summon, I reduced the casting time to one full round of concentration to cast without a pick and a ritual cast of an hour to pick your summon. However, none of my players will summon a demon because one group has a cleric and the other has a paladin. Demon summoning does not go over well with them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads