Xath's Maps

Xath

Moder-gator
I really enjoy using Dundjinni, so I thought I'd post some of my stuff for comments/criticism/use. Let me know what you think.

Xath

Moder-gator
Taurus Mal

This is a map I made of an island in our group's new homebrew. It was my first relative success using DJ as a campaign map.

Attachments

• Taurus Mal.jpg
    Taurus Mal.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 212

Conaill

First Post
Looks good, although the red lettering is a little hard to read.

What size is that island? If it's big enough to have real mountains, a mining operation and several cities, you may want to put some more rivers on there as well. They don't need to be navigable, but they do form important obstacles and sources of drinking water. Not to mention that they'll determine the location of minor settlements...

Last edited:

Xath

Moder-gator
In respect to the game, the map is actually quite dispraportionate. I made it on DJ after looking at the DM's pencil sketch. For this one, just try to think of it as a "fantasy affected" map. The whole thing isn't even 60 miles wide and its terrain is that diverse....

I'll try to infuse more realism into my originals. Thanks for the tip. :)

Conaill

First Post
To put things in perspective - that's only a bit smaller than Hawaii's Big Island (93x76 miles), and larger than any of the other Hawaiian islands, the Bahamas, Trinidad and Tobago, Hong Kong, and a number of other well-known islands.

Not a bad size, and something that could easily have a range of terrain. (Hawaii's big island has both a snow-capped volcano, and a small rain forest...)

D'karr

Adventurer
Xath said:
In respect to the game, the map is actually quite dispraportionate. I made it on DJ after looking at the DM's pencil sketch. For this one, just try to think of it as a "fantasy affected" map. The whole thing isn't even 60 miles wide and its terrain is that diverse....

I'll try to infuse more realism into my originals. Thanks for the tip. :)

Good map Xath. The only change I'd make right off the bat would be the red colored letters. They are very hard to read.

I was born on an island that is only 100 miles by 35 miles. At its center, it has a range of low mountains (4,000 feet) that separate the northern parts of the island from the southern part. There are innumerable amounts of lakes, rivers and creeks. The northern part has most of the moisture so it is lush and green. The southern part is drier due to the mountains blocking rain and moisture and has large areas of dry land similar to some deserts. There are large bays for ship commerce and one of the rivers is large enough to be navigable by some ships.

So even a small island can have quite a bit of terrain features.

One thing I've noticed about "Fantasy" maps is that they really are very deserted, population wise. In an island I can understand this. But for most continental maps human settlements would be much closer and the population denser.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
That is a great map, but I personally think that red text ofssets it. I can barely read what it says, black or dark blue would look better by a long shot. JMHO. :)

Xath

Moder-gator
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
Nice map Xath! I've got a question about Dundjinni for you. Did you use the standard textures for that map, or are they from the Campaign Art Pack?

I use a combination of the standard textures, campaign textures, and textures from the User Art forum on their website.

Xath

Moder-gator
1646d83a460ab06.jpg

This is the first floor of a stronghold I worked on a while ago. We didn't end up needing it, so I never made the second floor.

Remove ads