D&D 5E Xtra Attack+Eldritch Blast(DM approved)ideals?

Eatt

Villager
First off, my DM allowed it (#broken)

So while things are good and before minds change,
Anyone have anything more clever/broken than 9warlock/11fighetr? (max dex/cha eventually)

Shoot an eldricht blast 3 times a turn(possibly 12 beams of d10+Cha Mod, 24 beams with action surge (wtf)) (+hex dmg on each beam is single targetting)
Each beam pushing 10ft.
Negate close quarter disadvantage to eldritch blast with Feinting Attack manuver, pushing dude back so u can walk away without disengaging vs1 target
Keeping Rally manuver up ALOT
(maybe eldritch knight would be a better option than battlemaster?)

Short rests are auto included after each battle unless sumthing spicy.
Party is tank druid, Monk, Rogue, unoptimized Cleric (incase it influences sum1s decisions)

i have room for 3 feats with human variant. (rsil con, lucky(good with my DM),warcaster)
lightarmor + shield + defence fighting style.
i wanted the +5 initiate and save to dex instead of going a STR build

Last edited:

Rynic

First Post
I don't think it works like that.

1 Action = 4 Eldritch Blasts at level 20. The Fighter's attacks down come into it (No manuvers sorry:erm:).

So it's (EB) 4d10 +20 (5.5 x 4 + 20 = 42) add Hex 4d6 (3.5 x 4 = 14), then action surge, so double it.

Average 112 Damage.

It's good damage but that's if all the EBs hit. Every time one misses, you lose 14 points of damage.

We're talking about a level 20 character.

Warlocks can recharge 5th level spells per short rest, so you should look for one that does the most damage.

=======================

Go for Pact of Blade!

Cast Armour of Agathys, Take Hellish Rebuke, Take Hex. Walk up to the Enemy. Hit them with all you got, then if they attack you Armour of Agathys + Hellish Rebuke!

Eatt

Villager
i didnt mean to use the manuvers at the same time, its just a reason to go battlemaster i came up with quickly.

i can cast 3 eldritch blasts a turn, 6 on surges. DM approved. even if not legal

Rynic

First Post
"i can cast 3 eldritch blasts a turn, 6 on surges."

Eldritch Blast creates four Beams at level 20, regardless of class composition.

zaratan

First Post
So, let me understand, fighter 11 is because each attack will be an eldritch blast, right? This is absurdly broken, but ok.

EK 11/ warlock 2/ Sorc 7 (or 12/2/6 if you need extra ASI/feat)

EK gives you more spell slots and eldritch strike, that one doesn't work with EB by RAW, but with your DM... you can hit 12 targets and quick spell (sorcerer) making all save with desadvantage (fear, hypnotic pattern...), or quick EB to make 16 beans.

start as EK or Sorc, you don't need resilience in Con, that way. start as EK and you get prof in all weapons and armor.

feats: spell sniper = double range and ignore cover

crossbow expert = doesn't get desadvantage in melee with range attacks (yes, work with eldritch blast since doesn't need to be "weapon attacks")
Warcaster for concentration, no somatics and more EB as OA (works incredible well with warlock great old one to get dissonant whisppers - make your attacks, quick dissonant whisppers and blast more EB with your reaction in your turn). same thing with fear spell.

if your DM is so kind, you can pick shadow sorcerer (UA content) to get devil sight, darkness at lvl 1 spending only 1 SP for that (all your attacks are with advantage and attacks agaist you with desadvantage). Strength of the Grave makes you almost imortal. Hound of Ill Omen for more OA and disadvantage in saves.
quick hold person with bonus action (saving with desadvantage), and spam all your EB in melee.

Your DM could let you pick sharpshooter to use with EB too, lol. He probably will regreat his decision in the first session and make all enemies imune to force damage.

this build isn't a good option if you'll start at lvl 1, will take to much time to shine.

Last edited:

mellored

Legend
Go for Pact of Blade!

Cast Armour of Agathys, Take Hellish Rebuke, Take Hex. Walk up to the Enemy. Hit them with all you got, then if they attack you Armour of Agathys + Hellish Rebuke!

Go for Pact of Tome!

Cast Armour of Agathys, Take Hellish Rebuke, Take Hex. Walk up to the Enemy. Hit them with booming blade, then if they attack you Armour of Agathys + Hellish Rebuke! If they walk away, they take extra booming blade damage.

And you have rituals, an extra invocation at 12, and possibly shillelagh so you can hit things with Cha.

Summoning a weapon from thin air is neat, but not exactly powerful when you can just carries one.

Blade can come out ahead if you go Darkness + Devils sight (or greater invisibility) + Great Weapon Master + Polearm Master. Playing them like a shadow barbarian.

Though if his DM is allowing multiplication between extra attack and eldritch beams, then that's just overkill.

Remove ads