• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yay! Just Bought Planescape Boxed Set for $27.00

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I have been meaning to get my hands on a actual copy of the box set of Planescape for sometime now. Well, I just finished paying for one on EBay, technically for $5.30, but shipping and such pushed it to $27.00. Which is still insanely cheap compared to what I have seen it going for.

I and my friends can't wait till we get it and can make our Sigil 4e game we are about to start even more awesome, especially using the map and art, etc.

weem

First Post
Awesome!

Here's my little bookshelf with some of my books (notice the Planescape stuff)...

may262008a.JPG

Quickleaf

Legend
Knock yourself out cutter! Er...just don't use a chiv.

Planescape will always have a special place in my heart...regrettably I don't have the books anymore after giving away all my rpg stuff 7 years ago.

Out of curiosity, how are you doing the 4e conversion of factions?

Bumbles

First Post
Congrats! It's always good to get a desired item! I'd post an image of my shelf but it's all boxed up while I await my move.

Is it odd that I read the title of that one book as "Geek Mythology" and wondered if its contents included a section on female gamers? :p

Mikaze

First Post
Congrats! Welcome to Planescape! :cool:

Damn, deleted a portion of this post because what started as a recommendation for your next PS purchase got bloated real quick. But, to harp on them anyway:

You don't NEED these at all, but if you do get the urge to go hunting...

Planescape Monstrous Compendium - If you're looking for PS flavor for your creatures. Plus, the absolute best take on the fiends ever, IMO.

Into The Cage - An in-depth examination of Sigil.

Uncaged: Faces of Sigil - This book is nothing but NPCs and interweaving plotlines to introduce to your PCs. One of Tony DiTerlizzi's most impressive bodies of work as well!

Planewalker's Handbook - Great book to hand over to your players to really get 'em into the setting.

Factol's Manifesto - In-depth look at the Factions, their beliefs, organization, goals, schisms, etc.

The Planes boxed sets(Planes of Law, Planes of Conflict, Planes of Chaos) are great as well, but I'd only push them if you really wanted to bounce your players around the planes a LOT and wanted to do it as-written. Lots of great stuff in them, but it isn't critical to have. They're also likely some of the pricier items to track down....

Unfortunately, since you have to hunt down hardcopies now, some of these are rather unfairly priced.

Planewalker.com is free though!

kitsune9

Adventurer
I have been meaning to get my hands on a actual copy of the box set of Planescape for sometime now. Well, I just finished paying for one on EBay, technically for $5.30, but shipping and such pushed it to $27.00. Which is still insanely cheap compared to what I have seen it going for.

I and my friends can't wait till we get it and can make our Sigil 4e game we are about to start even more awesome, especially using the map and art, etc.

Cool! I liked Planescape. It was just an awesome idea and campaign setting.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Well, who knows what my friend (who is going to be running it) will do to mix things up. But for the most part same as was in 2e. The biggest difference our Planescape has to the norm. Is alignment isn't a powerful force, like it isn't concrete. As such too the Factions/Philosophies are just that, they aren't tied to any alignment. Also the Planes are less concrete, you couldn't map them out.

It will be quite nice to get to actually have the material in hand and not just computer stuff like we have had for years.

I'm finally starting my own Planescape 4e campaign and I'm debating this as well.

The main options I'm considering are:
-- multiclass powers
-- paragon paths
(But both set up the dilemma of missing out on other things in order to focus on factions, and I'd rather make it as easy as possible to focus on faction.)
-- Utility powers in addition to class powers (maybe every 5 levels or something)
-- Like Dragonmarks, they gain access to certain rituals

I'm leaning towards one of the final two options with maybe paragon paths for those who are really dedicated, but I want PCs to get some faction abilities without taking away from their other options too much. I still have to sit down and look at the original faction abilities and see what they might best work as.

Remove ads