• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(YB!) Kysthiwendor Lyyidelarnikoist vs. Dave of the Oh's! (Ariel Judging!)

dave_o

Explorer
(The grasshopper swims facing the wastelands; absorbs the descent of the bird!)

With a grunt, Dave takes the brunt of Kysth's attack in stride, breaking into a slow smile as crimson begins to run like a weak waterfall down his chest. Using the momentum from the tail-blow, he tenses his immense legs, and springs forward - tackling Kysth off the raft, and into the water.

Once there, among the foam, Dave pulls her to him. Gazing off into the distance, seeing gouts of smoke rise from the blasted lands there, he roughly pushes her head under - veins bulging in his arms and neck while his face remains a calm smile.

Rathan

First Post
"Kysthiwendor answers back with a point of her own...."

Point Kysthiwendor

One Flag Dave; One Flag Kysthiwendor

LuYangShih

First Post
Dave, while this has been a good match so far, and your move descriptions are very good, I would appreciate it if you let the judge decide whether your moves succeed or not, per YB rules.

LuYangShih

First Post

Kysthiwendor slides with the momentum of the giant mans muscles as he shoves her underwater, clasping his wrists and twisting away from his grip as the current rolls onward. The raft is a slight speck in the distance when Kysthiwendor emerges from the undertow, grabbing a nearby boulder and pulling herself on top of its rocky surface.

Kysthiwendor flings her cloak behind her, letting it stream wildly in the wind as her tangled and drenched locks blow past her face, her eyes gazing across the rapids at her powerful opponent. Kysthiwendors night black tunic and skirt glow softly with a strange reddish light under the clear sky, as her snow white lips thin slightly in a malicious grin.

Extending her left arm outwards, Kysthiwendor reveals a pearl white sword hilt, which she spins quickly in circular motions around her body. A faint, transluscent glow in the shape of a sword can be seen forming from the hilt as the spray of water flicks against it. Kysthiwendor begins spinning madly, gripping the sword in both hands, and as the sword passes over the waters they begin to roil madly.

Kysthiwendor suddenly stops, jumping into the air in a forward somersault, and brings the sword up and then down in a chopping motion, pointing it towards her opponent. A massive surge of water cracks the atoll she had been standing on, and sends the entire firmament soaring towards her opponent. Kysthiwendor spins her sword in a whirlwind about her body, quelling the maddening rush of water and earth around her while directing it to her front, forming a blocking mass her opponent should be hard pressed to penetrate.

The sword slaughters the atoll; quells the touch of the blade while it blocks the pain of the abomination!

dave_o

Explorer
(The ki-rin drowns the plain; delicately dominates the offensive of the bone!)

Letting his lips form a smile, Dave gently places his hands in front of him. Working his fingers in quick, yet soft strides - as if working a loom, he begins shaping gossamer strands of the water itself before him. Bracing himself at the riverbed, digging his toes into the sand, which spreads into the water from it's disruption, he takes this tapestry of water in two hands.

Grunting sharply, he heaves upward, pulling the water itself up before him. Flipping the water-tapestry like a blanket, he sends a rolling wave through it. Picked up by the water, this wave continues upward toward Kysth. Roaring with current, it rushes over her with truly bone-crunching force and spreads over the plain beyond, leaving massive puddles in it's wake.

Sorry about my lapse in rules, LuYangShih! :D

Rathan

First Post
"Dave makes good use of his surroundings as he overwhelms Kysthiwendor with his attack....."

Point Dave

Two Flags Dave; One Flag Kysthiwendor

LuYangShih

First Post

Kysthiwendor drops down, jumps into the sky, and does something cool. Woo.

Crowd Pleaser to get one Yen. I donate all my Yen to Dave after he wins this round, for giving me such a fun match. Kysthwiendor decides to give up this harsh fighting life and becomes a courtesan, and retires filthy rich. :p

The grasshopper splits the clouds; defends against the motion of the sickle!

dave_o

Explorer
(The mantis quells the paradise as it kicks underneath the tides; shreds the punch of the stone!)

With a smile, and a shout, Dave kicks his legs forward - SHOOTING underneath the wave. With a skid spraying dirt, he slips onto the shore, and immediately springs into a stance - admiring Kysth's acrobatics. As she plummets toward him, he slowly spreads his arms, holding his blade aloft in one hand. As she reaches him, he snaps both arms forward, as if he were a mantis decapitating her mate - and stops, with the blade mere inches from her neck.

"A worthy opponent, indeed."

Rathan

First Post
OOC- Lu... this would make the second time you've done this to me.....I mean you have every right to quit.... but why do you keep comming back? *lol* Are you sure you don't want to finish this match?? I mean it's far from over really...

(will hold off judgment till Lu makes his final desision......)

Last edited:

LuYangShih

First Post
Well, I came back and wanted to see how well I could do with descriptions. Basically an exercise for my writing skills. I have a few other activities about to start up, however, and probably will not have the time to continue this any longer, so I have chosen to withdraw.

Remove ads