(YB!) Nikosin vs. Ash! (Yellow Sign judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
A young man makes his way out of the mountain pass and into the valley below. He reaches a clearing where the ruins of some old buildings are found. He finds an old dueling circle beneath the weeds and clears the ground. He sits to meditate while awaiting the arrival of an opponent. Something tells him he will not have long to wait.

Nikosin awaits another fighter eager to fight for the chance at glory in Yberia!

Nikosin, Commoner (0-0)

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...huhurummmmmmmm....

In the distance there is a buzzing noise; one that occasionally pauses then shifts slightly up, or down. It grows steadily louder, and as it does the source comes into view. A buggy with wide, knobbed tires comes bouncing over the hilly knolls that lead up into the valley from the lowlands beyond. It's body is skeletal, a bare cage of bars wrapped around an engine and seat, with a sort of semi-enclosed 'trunk' area in the rear that's packed tight with rolls of fabric, gas cans and other gear.

In the buggy's seat is a young woman with short russet red hair combed into a wild tuft by the wind. She wears a pair of dark goggles to protect her eyes, and a bandanna is looped loosely around her neck. She wears a dark brown leather vest with several pockets over a tank T-shirt that was probably once white before who knew how many days driving in the dust and sun.

The contraption turns as it nears the ringside, and skids to a halt in the loose topsoil just outside. In almost the same motion, the occupant vaults out, using the car's momentum to throw her a good ten feet before landing in a crouch. She stands up, old faded blue jeans cinched low on her hips by a wide black belt that sports a pair of holsters, and exposes a strip of her belly across her navel just under the hem of the shirt. She shifts the goggles up onto her forehead, exposing bright blue eyes, and gives Nikosen a look up and down.

"Name's Ash," she says in a friendly, but wary, tone. "I guess you're here looking for a fight too, huh?"

Ash - Commoner 0/0

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Rising up out of the ground like some dirty yellow smoke a robed figure appears. It's body is unseen behind it's the tattered yellow robes. A raspy voice echoes around you.

"The Yellow Sign will judge this fight........speak your insults........"

Phoenix8008

First Post
Rising from his lotus position on the ground, Nikosin bounces slightly on his feet to stretch out and ready himself for combat. Eyeballing his opponent, he speaks one of the ritual insults...

"I find your Lady to be diseased, your castle to be ill-kept, and your karate to be weak."

[sblock=OOC]Ash reminds me a little bit of a certain D20 Modern character I remember from a game which unfortunately fell apart a while back. Something about meeting in a restaurant and fighting some goons there? Wasn't that you playing another Ash then Shayuri? And another quick question while I'm OOC: Is your name based on the Stargate character of Daniel Jackson's wife? It seemed pretty close and I always wondered...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
The left corner of Ash's mouth quirks upward in a smirk, and she plants her fists insouciantly on her hips. "That so? Well..."

"I find your daimyo to be murderous, your kingdom to be laughable, and your pride to be careless."

[sblock=OOC Stuff]Ah, I remember that game now! That Ash was a Battlemind, I believe, that I gave a pyrokinetic spin to the flavor descriptions to. Clearly the Mad Max scavenger vibe was lost in that game. :) That was an artifact of the original character concept, and that I'm happy to bring back.

And I do believe you're one of the very few people to make that connection about my name. :) The character of Shayuri was originally physically based on the actress in the Stargate movie, waaaaay back in the first game I played her in. Since then my visualization of her has changed, but the name remains. :) Well played, sir.[/sblock]

Yellow Sign

Explorer
With a voice as dry as a desert, the robed figure speaks.
"To call ones karate weak is the telling insult. Nikosin may go first and choose the type of match.

The ancient masters have decreed this match to take place at the cemetery north-west of the Hall of Bones on the evening of the staff

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Let it be a Speed match of 6 flags. Ready yourself, Ash. Our battle begins... NOW!" Nikosin shouts as he moves forward to attack.

The lotus blossom swims next to the well; defends against the cut of the wood!​

Nikosin moves along the ground with a fluidity normally reserved for water while concentrating on defending himself from the first attack of his foe so that he can preserve his strength for later in the fight.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
The panther sweeps through the fountain; parries the chi of the isle!

With a wanton grin, Ash meets Nikosin's fluid grace with a head-on charge that sends her bounding straight at him with arms outstretched to catch him and clothesline him when he dodges, while still being able to parry his counter!

Yellow Sign

Explorer
The robed figures stands perfectly still as the opponents exchange moves. A clawed skeletal slowly rises and then points towards Nikosin.

"The synergy of a lotus blossom floating in a well wins this round.

One Flag to Nikosin!"

Ash 0 Flags
Nikosin 1 Flag

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: We alternate posting first every other round, so you can post your move first this round. You probably knew that already, but since this is your first game I thought I'd point it out just in case. ;)

Remove ads