• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

YB V3 Write Up Looking For Interested People To Help

Kalanyr

Explorer
YB V2 seems to have come pretty close to the end of its Lifespan so I'm gonna start up a rewrite since its now my school holidays I should have the time to do so. I'm looking for some volunteers to help out. Anyone who's interested please post in this thread.

reiella

Explorer
Kalanyr said:
YB V2 seems to have come pretty close to the end of its Lifespan so I'm gonna start up a rewrite since its now my school holidays I should have the time to do so. I'm looking for some volunteers to help out. Anyone who's interested please post in this thread.

Shuffle on up!

Berandor

lunatic
Well, I left due to several reasons, but the most important one was the overabundance of paths, rules and abilities.
It started as a VERY simple game, and saw some compexitiy at first, but it was fine. Then, more and more abilites came through, simply because every character type someone could think of was regarded as having to have its own powers, as opposed to, say, giving only one advancement in power and leaving it to the player how he defines it.
For example, a power could be to negate one round's ruling (so that no scoring happens). If you play an evil character, then that could be explained by faking an injury brought by an illegal move of your opponent. If you are good, you really spot such a transgression. And perhaps another character might bribe the judges.
Simply put, the rules overtook the creativity of the players.

Just a heads up for what I was looking for,

Berandor

Rathan

First Post
As you know Kal.. I'm in for helping you with V3...... but I also want to state I agree with Berandor and would like to see a back to basics V3...... so I'll be intrested to see how this version goes..... so in short.... I'm in :D

Phoenix8008

First Post
Well, I don't have lots of free time and my posting ability is cramped now due to my home PC being dead, but I'd be interested to see and discuss the possibilities of what V3 might be. I'll say that I appreciate and understand what Berandor said since the role-playing aspect was always the best part of this game. However, I'm not totally turned off by the rules as they are obviously since I never disliked it enough to stop playing.

As a possible addition to his idea though, if only one power was gained per level/tier/whatever, would there possibly be more levels/tiers/whatevers? Just something that came up in my mind. Or maybe there could be a short list of possible powers you could gain at different levels. Not completely open ended like in YBA, you understand. But maybe 5 possible powers for the first 3 levels, then 5 more powerful abilities possible for the next few levels, and so on. This way not only do the players get to define the powers they have, but they can have some choice in making their character unique from others in ways that they like.

Suffice it to say that I'm in and ready to hear what other discussion there may be. I'll post as often as I can but probably not more that once or twice a week.

Kalanyr

Explorer
We have some tentative rules lined up at the moment, and are about to hold some exhibition matches, commencing with a Traditional Matchup of Good vs Evil in the flavour of the YB2 paths, some of the other exhibition matches should demonstrate the more shapeable nature of these paths. Feedback on the outcome would be extremely welcome.

Remove ads