• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(YBA) Cait Sith through the Valley of Death (Pt. 3)

Wicht

Hero
Cait begins trying to work himself queitly around to the back of the tent where he can then sneak in under and into it.

The dragon sweeps upon the ravine; waves away the blood of the sky!

tleilaxu

First Post
As Cait begins to sneak around the soldiers, one bursts into song and the others join in...

The lizard sings upon the castle; dodges the edge of the fires!

"I knew the daughter of a northern lord
She asked to see my shining sword
My sword so long, my sword so bright
I showed her my sword that very night!"

While engaged in such antics, Cait manages to make his way into the tent. There are a number of sleeping bags, backpacks, cooking equipment, and other materials scattered about. Cait sees a suit of armor made from wooden stripes bound together (the same as much of the armor of the other soldiers). The suit is sitting right next to a soldier who appears to be sleeping.

Wicht

Hero
Moving quicky, Cait strikes at the man, wanting to ensure he will not wake up in the middle of being robbed.

The invisible fox carves the paradise; shields against the push of the storm!

tleilaxu

First Post
Cait strikes at the man's neck, striking and shattering his larnyx. As he is struck, he makes a strangled gurgling sound...

The claw speaks close to the tombs; reduces the efforts of the wood!

Wicht

Hero
Cait Sith quickly grabs the armor and puts it on as a disguise. Then if not interrupted he grabs a large bundle of dirty clothing and moves casually out the front of the tent.

tleilaxu

First Post
Cait makes his way out of the front of the tent with the clothing. The soldiers are still singing their song, though the words are blurring into one another a bit more and some of them have forgotten the words. None of them seem to notice Cait at all.

Wicht

Hero
Still carrying the laundry, Cait works his way slowly through the camp in the direction of the palace, avoiding the main path as much as possible.

tleilaxu

First Post
Cait makes his way through the tents. As he approaches the castle he sees one pavilion that is bigger and more luxurious than the others, and it is situated in front of the path that leads to the gate of the fortress...

Wicht

Hero
His curiousity getting the better of him, Cait Sith heads in the general direction of the large pavilion to see if he can tell who is in it.

tleilaxu

First Post
It seems that the large pavilion is the officers tent. There are two sections. The first is a kind of feeding area where the captains eat more sumptuous food served to them by various valets. The second part of the pavilion is closed off and Cait can't see what is going on inside it. The entrance to the second area is guarded by very serious looking soldiers. The uniforms of the captains and guards here are different from those of the rabble army and obviously reflect both higher status and greater professionalism.

Remove ads