Ye Olde Pub

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Cubic stones you store in the freezer. Refreshes the scotch without adding water. But cold also dulls the taste of the sotch, makes it less volatile.

Kramodlog

Then Crown XR is the one for you if you have not tried it! Also, whiskey stones. Get them.
I am curious, but dubious. I've been told Canadian whiskeys are rather mild. I prefere the comlex and robust whiskeys. Peat, smoke, oak, leather, tabacco flavors are for me, more than fruit or honey.

Plus on the site they say they use the water around the island of Montréal. A very bad. I live on the island and the water is polluted as heck.

But thanks, I might try a Canadian whiskey to judge for myself.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Kraken is a nice dark rum.

Also have been enjoying:

Wild Turkey American Honey

Bärenjäger

Buffalo Trace

Navan Vanilla cognac*

Lindemanns Belgian Lambic beers (Cherry is my fave)

Chimay

Shiner (many different favors)

* A word about the Navan: its the best vanilla cognac I've ever had, but Gran Marnier- the makers- stopped producing it. So if you can find it, it will probsbly be expensive.

Last edited:

Kramodlog

Kraken is a nice dark rum.
Also have been enjoying:
Wild Turkey American Honey
Bärenjäger
Buffalo Trace
Navan Vanilla cognac*
Lindemanns Belgian Lambic beers (Cherry is my fave)
Chimay
Shiner (many different favors)

* A word about the Navan: its the best vanilla cognac I've ever had, but Gran Marnier- the makers- stopped producing it. So if you can find it, it will probsbly be expensive.
Chimey is indeed very good. I'll try some shiner. Thanks!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Been a big fan of Rieslings for decades now, but up until recently, hadn't found any I liked that were not German.

However, I have found that many Rieslings out of Washington state have been damn good. Not quite good enough to make me forget the Germans, but definitely worth buying.

Remove ads