Ye Olde Pub

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Leading up to Christmas, I had egg nog mixed with a variety of spirits- Kalhua, Frangelico, etc.- and then the stores ran out of egg nog.

(How does that happen?)

On Christmas Day, I had a few drinks of Bärenjäger, on three rocks.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Enjoying some left over St-Bernardus from Christmas Eve.

I drank some 15 years old Bowmore on that night, some Smithwick's Draught, a ton of various wines. Even a strawberry wine. Not amazing, sweet and taste like strawberry jam.

What did you guys have?

Nothing on Christmas but I had four beers on Christmas Eve. A vendor always gives us beer as a present (no matter how many times we tell him not to) and it's always a holiday beer sampler. I had a Sam Adams Winterfest (I like), a couple 12 Dogs of Christmas ales made by an Akron brewery that has the original brewmaster from Great Lakes Brewing Co on staff (he uses his original recipe which most feel is the best) which I also like and a Rogue Santa's Private reserve which ... if I wanted to troll you I'd say was good but, well, it's not. It's horrendous. Like, if someone offers you one, shoot them in the face immediately. They obviously want you dead so it's self-defense. No worries. But yeah, totally do it.

On New Year's I'm gonna have me some St Bernardus (epic) which I will share with one friend (cuz I have two bottles) and some Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout (also epic). Nummers.

With my Christmas dinner I had a very nice Italian Gewürztraminer.

That's one of the very few wine styles I enjoy.

Remove ads