• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yedan's Troubleshooters

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Evret continues to ooze blood on the floor...

He dreams of a field of hay swaying softly in the breeze. Ahead he can see figures silhouetted against the setting sun. They're waving to him.
He can hear them calling his name.
His feet move forward under their own volition. Soon he is sprinting across the field. He cannot see their faces yet, but he knows who it is! His wife, his children, no longer lost to him. His arms are outstretched to embrace them though the distance between them is great still.
His feet are growing heavier though. The sun is setting below the horizon and it is getting dark. He cannot see them any more but he can hear them calling his name. It sounds farther away each time. In blind panic he trashes forward, but it is like moving through a bog. The air pulls at him and makes his limbs sluggish. He cries out!

Evret lets out a heart-rending cry as he awakens on the floor of the Granthums home.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
I missed Morgan using his heal skill on me. Since he beat the DC20 treat deadly wounds check by more than 5 he can add his wisdom to the hp I can regain. I heal 1 hp, plus his wis of 3 so I'd be back to 0 hp and conscious, though disabled. If he was just stabilizing me I'm still at -4, but not losing HP and still conscious.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Mez waits impatiently for one of the more diplomatic people to respond to villager. After a couple of minutes have passed and no one has spoken up, Mex says "So your saying its OK for us to bury Harad. Do Nalden Rhey and the rest of the Granthums agree?" in a brusque manner.

Kaodi

Hero
"I do not see why it would not be," says the man. "The formality with the funeral was already over with when we first encountered the ghosts you exorcised. All that was left was setting him down in the crypt. In any case, if anyone gives you trouble over it, just tell them Balred Kemrick gave you the go ahead. That's me, by the way."

Walking Dad

First Post
Morgan Sorrowful

"Evret will make it, but he will not be able to help with the funeral. I would like to stay with him. Is the rest of you able to do it without us?"
Morgan asks.

[sblock=Mini Stat Block]
Morgan Sorrowful

---

HP: 11/11
AC: 18, Touch 12, Flat Footed 16
Initiative: +2
CMB: +2
CMD: 14
Fort: +4
Ref: +3
Will +5
Speed 20'

Spells prepared (save DC = 13 + spell level):
0 - Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 - Shillelagh, Magic Stone

Concentration Check: +6

Club (melee): +2 = +0 (BAB) +2 (Stat) (1d6+2) X2
Scimitar (melee): +2 = +0 (BAB) +2 (Stat) (1d6+2) 18-20/X2

Perception +7

dies at -14

-4 sp
[/sblock]

Caim

First Post
Colvin sits nearby when Evret wakes. "Good to have you back." He holds the bandages where the ghostly archers had struck.

"I have no issue with proceeding with the funeral while Evret heals up and you hang back with him."

ghostcat

First Post
"Come on, lets get on with it. The sooner we start, the sooner we finish."

Mez goes to the front left-hand corner of Harad's coffin and waits for the others to get in position.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Evret finds a place out of the way while the others ready the coffin. "I... I am sorry my friends. I wish I could be of more help *hurk* but... I'm afraid I'm not going far in this condition. Seven Guide You."
Evret leans back and closes his eyes, resolved to mull over his second near death in as many days.

Kaodi

Hero
Nymm 21, 998 YK

Moving the coffin with only five people is not ideal, but the party manages alright. Leaving Harad's house, you head towards the graveyard. A couple of judgemental looks are thrown your way by villagers, but no one stops you or otherwise gives you trouble.

The party tenses up as they reach the graveyard, but when you pause for a few moments at the gate to take a break, nothing happens. Gathering your courage, you keep going, approaching the crypt. Everyone is on high alert as you move forward, but soon you realize that the feeling of oppression that you felt upon your earlier visit is not longer present. However, you of course do not take this to mean that nothing will happen and thus keep your guard up.

Bastion casts a spell that illuminates the coffin. Descending carefully into the crypt, you pass the point where you were ambushed two days ago. This time there are no surprises, and as you move forward the light reveals that ahead the doorway you had seen before. You go through, and find that the adjoining room is about twenty five feet square. Three stone biers occupy this room, with the ones in the middle and the left being occupied by very old and dusty coffins. You can easily guess that, being a local hero, the third bier is the proper place for Harad Granthum. The party sets down the coffin. There is an uneasy pause, but nothing happens. Harad Granthum now rests with his ancestors.

ghostcat

First Post
Mez, in a rare feat of empathy, says "Rest in peace Harad Granthum. I don't know what you did to earn the enmity of the dwarf but that is between you and your god." as the coffin is placed on the brier.

Once Harad is laid to rest, Mez will look round the crypt for places to put the other Granthums

Remove ads