• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yedan's Troubleshooters

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: was one spell enough to get Evret, or had Morgan to use both of them? Do the stories sound like regular wold behavior? Would the prey already be sparse enough to cause the attacking humanoids?

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: You could just roll and find out. Though honestly I do not expect major combat to come up on this day. As for the stories, you could always just ask about them in character, ;) .

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Evret leans back against the bole of the shade tree and unpacks some rations. As he chews at the tough biscuit and salted meat he eavesdrops on the conversations. He turns to speak to Morgan. "Sounds like the predators of the wild are hungry. Do you think its because the war is over with? No more battlefields full of bodies to feed off of, so maybe the population is too great now. Maybe the locals could organize a beat and drive off or kill some of them. What do you think?"

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: You could just roll and find out. Though honestly I do not expect major combat to come up on this day. As for the stories, you could always just ask about them in character, ;) .
OOC: I'm fine if you say it won't matter.

You mentioned them telling stories. Morgan knows he isn't a people person. He just wants to listen to the stories they tell each other anyway.
"you overhear them saying something about wolves" or were this only unconnected snippets? Do you need a perception check?

Kaodi

Hero
Nymm 22, 998 YK

Even with sound of chewing your food, it is not difficult to hear what the farmers nearby are saying.

"I've heard they've been having problems with wolves or something up near Gambren and Hyvmar," says one. "A fellow told me that animals had been disappearing, and not just the little weak ones."

"Not just the livestock, according to the gossip my old lady has been hearing," says another. "Some have been saying that a couple folks have gone missing too."

"I don't like the sound of that," says the first. "I just hope we don't have problems with wolves like that down my way."

"If it's a wolf, there must be something funny about it," says a third. "I heard people saying they heard something in the night that didn't sound like no wolf."

"How'd they know it didn't sound like a wolf?" interjects the second. "A lot more common to hear coyotes around here. They probably meant it didn't sound like a coyote."

The conversation continues on in this vein, with various suggestions made, and dismissed, with some helping of arguing about the facts.

Walking Dad

First Post
Morgan Sorrowful

"Hey, have you heard them? I think I already know our possible next assignment!"
Morgan whispers in a low voice to his companions.

[sblock=Mini Stat Block]
Morgan Sorrowful

---

HP: 11/11
AC: 18, Touch 12, Flat Footed 16
Initiative: +2
CMB: +2
CMD: 14
Fort: +4
Ref: +3
Will +5
Speed 20'

Spells prepared (save DC = 13 + spell level):
0 - Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 - Shillelagh, Magic Stone (were CLW, but I will leave these links for the next mornings preparations.)

Concentration Check: +6

Club (melee): +2 = +0 (BAB) +2 (Stat) (1d6+2) X2
Scimitar (melee): +2 = +0 (BAB) +2 (Stat) (1d6+2) 18-20/X2

Perception +7

dies at -14

-4 sp
[/sblock]

Caim

First Post
"Yea, something about wolves and coyotes taking people and livestock of various sizes." Colvin stands and gives his weapons a once over. "If you want we can offer our services as Morgan said."

He looks to Evret. "You feeling up to the task?"

[sblock=OOC]So I've been thinking since the departure of Arrowhawk, that a paladin would be better suited for the group. He could be the party face, 'tank', and provide heals. It would take me less than an hour to convert Colvin over.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Evret rubs his chin while he considers things. "While the mayor would certainly wish for us to take care of issues throughout the region, she will still expect us to report our success with the ghost. There may be something even more threatening than a wolf to contend with. I think we should report back to her, tell her of the wolf rumors, and then set off for whatever task she sets for us. We can ask her if she wants us to independently investigate regional rumors in the future without coming all the way back to speak with her."

ghostcat

First Post
Mez was just going to suggest that they go investigate the rumours when Evret made his suggestion. So instead he says "I was all for going to investigate the rumours. But we should be in Amrovel by tonight, so going back to report is not that far out of the way. So I think we should adopt Evert's idea."

Remove ads