Yedan's Troubleshooters

Walking Dad

First Post
"I also agree with giving a report first. Maybe we could also buy some means to get the job done with less near death experiences than the last ..."

Kaodi

Hero
Nymm 22, 998 YK and Nymm 23, 998 YK

The skies remain dreary as you trudge onward in the direction of Amrovel. Fortunately you reach the relative safety of its walls just before the approaching storm hits. The guards, mindful of this, are keeping the line to get in through the gates moving quickly, and they except your explanation of your business without serious question.

As it is late in the day, and given the weather, the party decides to check themselves into the inn they stayed in several nights before. The proprietess seems pleased to see the return of your business, and shows you to your accomodations.

The next morning you head over to the town hall, and soon you are ushered into the Mayor's office. There is a substantial wait, but eventually Mayor Falkur arrives. She sits down in the chair behind her desk, looks towards you without saying anything. There is an awkard pause, and then she asks, "So, what do you have to report? I am a busy woman, as you should know."

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Morgan Sorrowful

"... I thought we were required to report back to you. The situation is solved with some casualties and we wanted to know, if you already have another urgent assignment for us. We heard some troubling tales on our way back."
Morgan explains, a bit taken aback by the gruffness of the mayor.

[sblock=Mini Stat Block]
Morgan Sorrowful

---

HP: 11/11
AC: 18, Touch 12, Flat Footed 16
Initiative: +2
CMB: +2
CMD: 14
Fort: +4
Ref: +3
Will +5
Speed 20'

Spells prepared (save DC = 13 + spell level):
0 - Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 - Shillelagh, Magic Stone (were CLW, but I will leave these links for the next mornings preparations.)

Concentration Check: +6

Club (melee): +2 = +0 (BAB) +2 (Stat) (1d6+2) X2
Scimitar (melee): +2 = +0 (BAB) +2 (Stat) (1d6+2) 18-20/X2

Perception +7

dies at -14

-4 sp
[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Mez is just about to respond acrimonious to the mayor when he remembers his mentor's behest that he is to be on his best behaviour with the mayor. So he keeps quiet and lets the others do the talking.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"Two civilians.. I mean villagers died by the undead's hands. We tried but were unable to protect them. We underestimated the thing's drive to seek revenge and they paid the price. However the creature has been destroyed once and for all and the Granthums laid to rest in their family tomb.

On the road returning here we heard some other travelers talk of a wolf or wolf-like creature harassing local farms. We were tempted to investigate but thought it best to report back first in case there was something more pressing."

Kaodi

Hero
Vileema Falkur's expression sinks, and she lets out a long sigh as she raises her hands to cover her mouth. She seems to lose focus for a moment as she stares straight ahead, but then her eyes pan across the room, looking over each of you. "Tell me, did you inform anyone of my involvement in your appearance in Mayelkur?" she asks, lowering her hands.

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"Yes, we told a man named Nalden that we had been sent by you. We did not have much contact with any villagers beyond him." At least, any that survived. He thinks to himself. Sensing the Mayor is agitated over their report, he decides to leave that last part out.

Kaodi

Hero
Vileema's expression darkens. "Yes. Yes it was," she says acerbicly. You can all tell pretty easily that she is not pleased. Pushing back her chair, the Mayor stands up and walks around to the front of the desk, leaning back against it.

"You see, beyond bringing some order to the surrounding villages, one of my hopes here was to ingratiate myself and Amrovel with the villagers," she begins. "Something I have learned during my time in politics is that no matter what you get right, you will still be judged by what goes wrong. So when you say that there were some 'accidents' during your foray against sinister forces, that is likely to mean a big headache for me. Too many such headaches, and it could come back to haunt me in a bad way."

She pauses to take a breath. "I appreciate that you take risks to deal with the threat," she says, her tone moderating a bit. "And I will not begrudge you a single copper of the fee I owe you; fifty golden galifars per man. But I am not sure that I can afford to retain your services." She reaches to pick up a letter on her desk. "Not unless you can convince me that this is the last angry letter I will be receiving. Yes, bad news travels as quickly as a lightning rail in these parts."

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Morgan Sorrowful

"I for one can only promise to keep your involvement a secret from now on. No one can promise faultless success without knowing our further missions."
Morgan says truthfully.

[sblock=Mini Stat Block]
Morgan Sorrowful

---

HP: 11/11
AC: 18, Touch 12, Flat Footed 16
Initiative: +2
CMB: +2
CMD: 14
Fort: +4
Ref: +3
Will +5
Speed 20'

Spells prepared (save DC = 13 + spell level):
0 - Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 - Shillelagh, Magic Stone (were CLW, but I will leave these links for the next mornings preparations.)

Concentration Check: +6

Club (melee): +2 = +0 (BAB) +2 (Stat) (1d6+2) X2
Scimitar (melee): +2 = +0 (BAB) +2 (Stat) (1d6+2) 18-20/X2

Perception +7

dies at -14

-4 sp
[/sblock]

Remove ads