Yedan's Troubleshooters

Kaodi

Hero
Evret has no trouble finding what he wants at the general store, as those are are all common items. While he manages to find the House Sivis representative, the gnome informs him that money transfers first must be registered with a House Kundarak banker, who will issue a special order for the message.

So Evret heads into the bank, which is within relative proximity. They inform him that there is a two galifar fee for such transfers, one for Kundarak processing, and one for the use of the Sivis message station. But they assure him that this is relative inexpensive compared to the usual Sivis fee of five galifars per page.

Assuming that the fee is acceptable, Evret obtains the order from the Kundarak banker and returns to the Sivis representative with message in hand. The gnome takes it from him, and the fee, and gives assurances that it will be seen to immediately. Evret is then free to head to the rendezvous.

OOC: Is anyone else buying gear before heading to the rendezvous?

ghostcat

First Post
Mezcia thanks the mayor and takes his money. Although still annoyed with her, he manages to be polite as he leaves. Once outside, he counts his money and decides to go shopping. Before leaving, he says to the others "Something about those wolves sounds funny to me. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm off to buy some silvered weapons, just in case we end up against werewolves. Anyone coming with me?"

Regardless of whether anyone accompanies him, Mez goes and purchases a silver short sword and a couple of silvered arrows before meeting the others at the rendezvous.

[sblock=Shopping]
Code:
Sword (Short/Alchemical Silver)          30gp   2lbs
Bolt (Crossbow/Alchemical Silver)        2.1gp  0.1lbs
Bolt (Crossbow/Alchemical Silver)        2.1gp  0.1lbs
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: can we just assume to know werewolves weaknesses? Also, Morgan isn't going to turn into a heal bot. No spontaneous cure and channel energy. Buying some healing stuff would be helpful.
Is there a place to buy two scrolls of Cure Light Wounds (CL 1)?

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: I am fairly sure it would be common knowledge that werewolves have a weakness for silver. If he is looking, Morgan can find two scrolls, but that is the extent of them.

Kaodi

Hero
Nymm 23, 998 YK

OOC: For the sake of expediency, if Colvin and Morgan are buying anything else they can just list it in their next posts.

It takes some searching, but Morgan is able to track down a seller with a pair of scrolls of healing magic. He seems a little reluctant to let them go, but the druid reminds him that one generally needs special skills to make use of such items, and the man is forced to agree he has not had any practice in that regard. Morgan has no trouble finding whatever other mundane items he seeks.

Meanwhile, Mez and Colvin visit the smith. Luckily he does have a silvered shortsword and arrows that have been laying around for a while. He has a few other small arms that the treatment has been applied to, but nothing very big or fancy. After all, werecreatures are not exactly common in these parts, or so you have heard. They too are able to find any other common items they were looking for.

Eventually everyone meets up at the rendevouz. Mez and Colvin arrive first, then Morgan a bit later, and Evret a bit after that. Bastion, however, is particular tardy, arriving nearly half an hour after the appointed time. In any case, it is only a little past noon. Unless any of the party has an errand they have forgotten, it should likely be possible to get in a good full day of travel before pitching camp.

OOC: The only silver weapons available to Colvin are going to be light simple and light martial, and maybe a dozen bolts or arrows tops.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Morgan Sorrowful

Morgan thanks Mez for bringing a silvered dagger. This and his morning prayers were all he needed.

OOC: I hope this mini retcon is fine. Makes more sense than running to the smith again.

[sblock=Mini Stat Block]
Morgan Sorrowful

---

HP: 11/11
AC: 18, Touch 12, Flat Footed 16
Initiative: +2
CMB: +2
CMD: 14
Fort: +4
Ref: +3
Will +5
Speed 20'