Yedan's Troubleshooters

ghostcat

First Post
OOC: I am fairly sure it would be common knowledge that werewolves have a weakness for silver. If he is looking, Morgan can find two scrolls, but that is the extent of them.
OOC: That's what I assumed.there are certain things that everybody knows. Whether or not they are true is a different matter :)

Caim

First Post
Colvin mets up with Mez at their designated spot. "This toothpick is all they had for silver weapons." He slides the short sword slightly out of it's sheath, just enough to let the sun catch the silver. "But I guess a toothpick is better than nothing." He adds with a laugh.

[sblock=OOC]Purchased one alchecmical silver short sword for 30 gp.[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
Nymm 23, 998 YK

Your business settled, the party sets out, heading a short way along the road West before taking a smaller road breaking off and heading towards the Northwest. It is interesting seeing the different farms and villages, but for the most part it is like any other place around here. After about four hours, you stop to rest for awhile by a rock outcropping with a few tress growing on top.

One other person has chosen to rest here: a somewhat nondescript looking man in his early thirties with shaggy blonde hair and heavily tanned skin is sitting in the shade of the tress, whistling to himself with his eyes closed. As you approach, one deep green eye opens, looking you over there.

"Hello there," he say politely, "If you're looking for somewhere to sit and rest and think, this place is as nice as any 'round here I think." He closes his eye again, and repositions himself against the rocks. "You're welcome to join me. Sit, have a chat, or just enjoy the sounds of the countryside."

The man is dressed in functional clothing fit for travelling, and some worn leather armour. He has a dagger at his side, and a shortsword lying down in the grass. A shortbow and a quiver of arrows are leaned up against the rock next to him.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Nymm 23, 998 YK

After a moment's pause, the eye of the stranger lazily opens again. "You know, you are a bit of an odd company for this neck of the woods, if you don't mind me saying," he says. "You have some sort of business you're attending to?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Morgan Sorrowful

"I'm a druid, it would be stranger to meet me in a town than on the move. Do you live in the wilds, too, or are you traveling through?" Morgan responds, a bit wary of strangers.

[sblock=Mini Stat Block]
Morgan Sorrowful

---

HP: 11/11
AC: 18, Touch 12, Flat Footed 16
Initiative: +2
CMB: +2
CMD: 14
Fort: +4
Ref: +3
Will +5
Speed 20'

Spells prepared (save DC = 13 + spell level):
0 - Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 - Goodberry, Entangle

Concentration Check: +6

Club (melee): +2 = +0 (BAB) +2 (Stat) (1d6+2) X2
Scimitar (melee): +2 = +0 (BAB) +2 (Stat) (1d6+2) 18-20/X2

Perception +7

dies at -14

-25,4 gp
got a silvered dagger an 2 scroll of CLW
[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
"Well, I spend a lot of time outdoors, so I suppose there is a sense in which I live in the wilds," says the man. "But mostly I just sort of drift from place to place. Not a bad life as things go; could be worse."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Evret finds a shady spot close enough to converse but without intruding on the man's space. He lets out a sigh of relief as he unlaces his shoes and shakes the pebbles out of them. "This is indeed a fine place to take a rest. We're not from these parts either, just meandering currently. We came this way because of some rumors. It was said that the farmers in these parts have been having problems with something preying on their herds. We figured we could look into it, help out the locals, and maybe get a hot meal and a little coin in our pockets for the trouble.

At least that's the plan, hopefully it will be something we can help them with. I don't suppose you've heard any news on the road?"

Kaodi

Hero
"I've heard about that," says the man. "I hear about a lot of things, in fact. I gave a bit a thought to checking it out myself, but as I said, I'm not usually much for hunting. Not my specialty, really. And besides, there's just one of me."

The man close his eye for a moment, and then both open, and he leans forward a bit. "Say," he begins, "I don't have much preference for which way I'm headed most of the time. How'd it be if I tagged along with you fellows for a bit? Like I said, I hear things. Such as how whatever has been troublin' folks in yonder pastures, well, it makes a big mess, but it doesn't seem much interested in dragging off its prey to be eaten. Strange, if you ask me. But I can defend myself though, so I wouldn't be getting in your way or anything things."

The mans eyes close again as he lies back to relax. "Up to you though," he says, shrugging subtlely.

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: Does not look like DistractingFlare wishes to return, so I have cut Bastion down a little to NPC size; and from now on he will be a full NPC instead of a PC on hold, just so you know.

Caim

First Post
Colvin looks the man over and with a shrug, "I wouldn't mind a pair of extra hands to help out. Especially since we don't know what is hiding in the area."

Remove ads