• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yoda trains obi wan to what??(Spoilers)

jester47

First Post
Some are saying this like he actually had a scene? I don't remember seeing neeson in the shots at all.

I thought the reason for the scene where yoda tells Obi-Wan about Qui-Gon is that it answers what Ol' Ben has been doing for all those years in the desert.

Interestingly I want to know what happened beteen Lars and Obi-Wan that makes Lars not tell Luke about Ol Ben. I really don't subscribe to the EU.

Interestingly enough, I feel sorry for the stormtroopers that waxed Vader's Step Brother.

The other question is: Does everyone know that Vader was a Jedi and called Skywalker? I think that would be pretty funny... everyone knows about Luke except Luke, Vader and the Emperor. Its why the stormtroopers on the deathstar miss all the time, they know that its in their best interest not to shoot the boss's son even if the boss does not know its his son.

KidCthulhu

First Post
Meloncov said:
That was a rather bazzare scene. As far as I could tell, it was completely unnessary. It didn't ruin the movie, BUT WHY?

Large portions of the end of the movie felt to me like Lucas had hired a geek to read the script and ask all his "How did this happen" questions, and the he added lines or scenes to explain things. Like how Obi managed the fade away trick instead of just dying like Qui Gon and the other Jedi.

Felt like crossing unnecessary T's, in a movie with an already overlong denumount (sp?).

Falanor

First Post
Vocenoctum said:
Right, totally out of place IMO.

Besides, how does one practice a power that requires you to die to use it?

I believe Yoda is referring to the ability to speak with Qui-Gon, not the ability to become one with the force, thus becoming more in tune with the 'living force'.

Flyspeck23

First Post
Falanor said:
I believe Yoda is referring to the ability to speak with Qui-Gon, not the ability to become one with the force, thus becoming more in tune with the 'living force'.

That's what I remember Yoda saying, too.

Nuclear Platypus

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
... It explains part of the next movie.

REALLY? Another movie? When's it coming out or is Lucas keeping that one hush hush too?

I do kind of wonder if Star Wars will be something that'll become Hollywood remakes in a decade or so.

Nuclear Platypus said:
REALLY? Another movie? When's it coming out or is Lucas keeping that one hush hush too?
It's supposed to come out in 1977. It's not that hush hush; in fact, you can easily find copies of it floating around here and there.

Remove ads