• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You are chosen to play leader, what class will you take?

If you are chosen to be the leader what class will you take?

• Cleric

Votes: 37 29.8%
  • Warlord

Votes: 40 32.3%
  • Other

Votes: 38 30.6%
  • I refuse to lead

Votes: 9 7.3%

• Poll closed .

Frostmarrow

First Post
Lanefan said:
If I'm to be "leader" (and what party decides on its leader before a turn or two in the field to see how everyone interacts?) I'd play a Wizard of some sort. Wizards have the brains, and are often out of melee meaning they're in the best position to analyze the situation and direct traffic. If the intent is that I also act as spokesman for the party in dealings with others, I'll chuck a decent stat into Charisma and go from there...

Lanefan

But but... Wizards are controllers.

Frostmarrow

First Post
Aldarc said:
Why is the support role given the glorified title of leader at all? Selecting a "leader" class does not seem to mean that you will be leading anything other than your own ego.

Leaders will grant bonuses to friends based on actions rather than words.

You can do it! Here let me make you a sandwich. SUPPORT
Follow me through the gates of hell! LEADERSHIP

Last edited:

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I think that 'Leader' is probably proving a poor choice of role name, since it has so many existing connotations within a party!

hong

WotC's bitch
Maybe they should just ditch meaningful labels and call the roles "type I, II, III and IV". Whatever names they could come up with, you know somebody is going to get it back to front.

Frostmarrow

First Post
hong said:
Maybe they should just ditch meaningful labels and call the roles "type I, II, III and IV". Whatever names they could come up with, you know somebody is going to get it back to front.

Demons!!! :confused:

Sirea

First Post
hong said:

Role type I sounds cool to play. Type II is still ok too. Type III? Meh, boooring. And role Type IV, come on... puh-lease. Who wants to play that? Seriously.

FireLance

Legend
Aldarc said:
Why is the support role given the glorified title of leader at all? Selecting a "leader" class does not seem to mean that you will be leading anything other than your own ego.
I've always thought they called it the "Leader" because the "Cheer" is silent and invisible. :p

Remove ads