You are in charge of what WOTC puts out for DnD.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Pramas said:
If Wizards would like to know what I'd do with D&D, my consulting fees are very reasonable. :)

Hey as long as you can get us a nicely done Freeport Omnibus, I'm all for it Chris. ;) *means that WotC should foot that bill*

Ry

Explorer
heirodule said:
Complete Diplomat, my WotC version of Dynasties and Demagoges, with rules for political campaigns and more detail to for interpersonal interaction and conflict.

Seconded, but I'd call it Heroes of Intrigue

howandwhy99

Adventurer
1. How to Create Your Own Spells - This may be the only area barely covered in the Core Rules and also unexplored in expansions. I understand it would be difficult to create, but so was Savage Species.

2. Erik Mona's <secret> Greyhawk Hardcover - Because I'm running AoW :D

3. G-D-Q 3.5 - Because it would make boatloads of cash.

4. More Licensed Products - To bring in new players from other successful franchises. Like Pokemon did for card games.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
1. As many of you have said, a real entry, basic game that new players can use to start playing. The PHB is waaaaaaay to long for newbies, let alone the other core books.

2. The minis line would support both RPG and DDM skirmish better. Neither crowd is overly happy right now, and I'd work to ensure that more minis are on theme, and a much higher percent are viable in the skirmish game.

3. Fantastic locations should have "blank" space where you can put in tiles, as someone else suggested. The maps should be on heavier stock paper, or even, gasp, already laminated for us.

4. complete feats - with feat trees, rules for making and using feats, updates to old feats, and easy explanations for how to build your role playing character using feats (want a chain fighter - here are the 2-3 different paths to that).

5. FCIII is the biggest no brainer ever, but I want II and III to be longer than I was. I'd like a followup on FCI also.

6. Let Paizo do as many Dragon Compendiums as they want - I can't believe no one else wrote this, if you did, sorry I missed it. But, they'd have to promise to more of the old stuff, and not so much from the last few years.

7. convert old Dungeon adventures to 3.5. Not just stats, but the whole thing.

8. fire a coupld of artists, but I won't name names, that isn't nice

9. PRC compendium.

10. The complete future book or whatever someone called it with Sheen...great idea.

11. Far Realms Compendium, but only if Cordell got to write it and incorporate his Malhovic material (I spelled the name of Monte's company wrong, I think).

12. All web enhancements/articles that refer to monsters would actually have pictures of them. For example the 1/2 fiend articles had pictures of the core monster, but not the 1/2 fiend version - lame.

13. More maps to minis scales on line for free that tie to published adventures.

Basically, I'd make it easier to enter the game, and make it easier to find the information you want. PDF would cost 1/2 the cost of printed products (maybe, I'd need to see the economics of that).

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Zaukrie said:
2. The minis line would support both RPG and DDM skirmish better. Neither crowd is overly happy right now, and I'd work to ensure that more minis are on theme, and a much higher percent are viable in the skirmish game.

The DDM crowd might be a bit unhappy because the current business strategy seems to be "mess time and again, don't keep your promises, andmake fun of your customers".

The way they treat those asking for gnome figures (which are curiously absent from the game), the way they say one thing today and do the opposite tomorrow ("small rares are bad" "here, have meepro, small rare"), the mess-up with Wardrums Paint Jobs and WotDQ distribution (nightmare boosters have almost never a huge rare in them).

3. Fantastic locations should have "blank" space where you can put in tiles, as someone else suggested. The maps should be on heavier stock paper, or even, gasp, already laminated for us.

That was me, and blank isn't quite right. It should look good on its own, too.

8. fire a coupld of artists, but I won't name names, that isn't nice

Or at least force some to use other colours but green and lavender.

13. More maps to minis scales on line for free that tie to published adventures.

Or just put them in with the adventure itself.

Kaodi

Hero
Wow...

Being the manager of the entire D&D brand would sure be... daunting... I was just looking at the products page, and for 2006 alone, there are a combined 102 products! A lot of those are novels, so that is less work for numero uno, in theory at least, but still...

Kaodi

Hero
OK, More Stuff...

I'm going to try and cite some specific examples here. I'd definately go with the aforementioned Webs of Intrigue and the Celestial Libram (though I would only make it a single volume with a decent page count). For the environment series, I'd consider a book called Stardust, Infinite Void, or something similar, with rules for creating environments for alien moons and planets, as well as other space based stuff. Stuff from Spelljammer might make it into here, though I wouldn't want to limit it to that.
As for Eberron, which I am most interested in personally (I admit my bias), in addition to Faiths of Eberron, Dragonmarked, Secrets of Sarlona, I would include something like Spoils of War (detailing Zilargo, Darguun, Valenar and the Mror Holds), Frontiers of Khorvaire (detailing the Talenta Plains, Lhazaar Principalities, Shadow Marches, Droaam, Q'barra and maybe Frostfell and Everice) and one simply named, Legacy (where we finally take a look at the Demon Wastes and Argonnessen, more info on the Draconic Prophecy, and perhaps a few more details on the first couple Dreams of an Age and the ancient origin of the gods and progenitor wyrms, if there is room for a few more tidbits not covered in Faiths of Eberron and Secrets of Sarlona). Well, maybe I would put out a book called Conjuction (for the planar stuff), and definately the Wayfinders' Encyclopedia of Exotic Flora and Fauna, or something similarly named (self explanatory).

Last edited:

Sunderstone

First Post
1. Greyhawk Campaign Setting (Core book IV) :)
2. A Guide to Sigil (updated combination of In The cage, Faces of Sigil, and Factol's Manifesto)
3. AoW HC

Remove ads