• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You Know You Raised Your Kids Right When..

Sacrosanct

Legend
This conversation happens:

Me: "Hey, you can join Chris's campain if you want on Friday."
My son: "Cool, I already rolled up my character. Half orc fighter."
Did you use array, or point buy?
Nah, I rolled 4d6.
Hmm...Chris may want you to use the other ways when he sees your character sheet.
Well, I rolled two 14s, a 12, 10, 9, and 7. Why would I have to change that?
Well, a lot of times when someone rolls their stats alone, they always seem to end up with a bunch of super high rolls not mathematically plausible. But I think you're safe lol. Thanks for having integrity :)
That's weird. I mean, it's more fun to end up surprised with a low roll somewhere. It makes things interesting.

A proud parent moment :lol:

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
It's OK. Every kid learns how to powergame and optimize at their own pace. He'll get there. :)

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
<80s PSA>

Scene: Dad walks in on son sitting at desk rolling dice, with a copy of Unearthed Arcana next to him. The kid is filling out a character sheet with "Paladin" written boldly at the top.

Dad: "Who got you this stuff? Who taught you how to use this stuff?!"

Son: "You, all right!? I learned it by watching you!"

<end PSA>

akr71

Hero
[MENTION=6799753]lowkey13[/MENTION] LOL! Any chance he was just yanking your chain for a reaction? My daughter delights in telling me about the antics of her group - a tabaxi, a couple kenku and an aarakocra just because she knows I hate furries and anthropomorphic animal characters. I mean, I barely tolerate tieflings and dragonborn and then she pulls that crap on me!!

Remove ads