• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Your Biggest Gaming Pet Peeve

RedSiegfried

First Post
Another thing that irks me is when players take an excessive amount of time to decide what to do on their turn BECAUSE they're afraid of doing the wrong thing.

There is no such thing as "doing it wrong" in my games. No matter what you do, even if it results in failure, it will (eventually) result in something fun and awesome. I promise. So just take your turn, do something awesome ... anything ... and it will all turn out okay, I promise, even if it wasn't the most numerically effective action you could have taken.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
I play a lot of Adventure League. My personal pet peeve is people who manage to get their characters to lvl 5+ and somehow still don't know the basics of how their character works.

manduck

Explorer
I am right there with the people annoyed by "comedy" characters. I had a guy in my group who played a Monk named Key. He thought it was hilarious. He was alone in that thought.

My gaming pet peeves:

Players who cheat with dice rolls. I had to talk to a guy who would roll his dice ahead of time but only tell me the roll if it was good. If the roll was bad, he would roll again when I asked him what he was doing. Fortunately, it worked out. He was just a bit tense about "screwing something up" or not pulling his weight. It's not a problem now.

Indecisiveness. Players who don't know what to do on their turn, all the time. They look at their character sheet like it's the first time they are seeing it with this wide eyed terror.

The entire group suddenly being too shy to talk. More often than not, I end up as party leader by virtue of not being afraid to talk to everyone.

The "Wild Card" player. The guy who just does something random (and horrible) to cause trouble, to "see what happens" or just to "do something".

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Players who constantly remind other players of missed opportunities/actions. I'm going to put my foot down if it continues much longer.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads