• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your Current Game?

the Jester

Legend
So what is everyone else running or playing these days? Last game I played was Scion in the Palladium Nighbane setting. It was a fun mix but I hardly got into the game before my work life took over again.

Running 4e in my homebrew. I'm currently using P2, though, cuz I lurve it and want it to have my babies.

Also periodically running my homebrewed system in the same setting, but am currently rethinking some aspects of it.

We also have a Mage game running once in a while, and we played Paranoia not to long ago.

khantroll

Explorer
I am currently running TSR's Top Secret in a campaign I call "Living 90s". It's my most ambitions multimedia gaming project to date. Each adventure is framed around or during a specific event and date in the 1990s. Depending on the situation, the adventure may be what historically happened or it may be an "alternative explanation". Before the game, players are shown media specific to that day, such as morning news shows, radio programs, commercials, etc. During the game, only music that is appropriate is played, and where applicable actual images and models are used for in-game representations of scenes and objects.

Also, only 1990s stereotype foods are allowed in the game. Lots of Coke, Diet Coke, Big Macs and Domino's. ;)

So far, it's been a big hit, but then again, it is still only the summer of 1990.

Our D&D game has been suspended until at least April, but due to scheduling may be put off until June. We've got multiple members away right now, and while we still have enough to game we don't have the time for a campaign, and it'd be better with those players.

We tried to play Hunter, but I'm ashamed to admit that it went over like the decompression of methane gas out of a the human waste disposal port inside a place of worship.

Munchkin gets a lot of play as well.

Alarian

First Post
I'm playing in PBEM game using the DragonQuest RPG. (daily)
I'm running a game via MapTool also using the DragonQuest RPG. (weekly)

I'm playing in a 4th ED face-to-face game. (weekly)
I'm also in a Pathfinder game that's just recently started up. (was 4th edition until as of late). (weekly)

xigbar

Explorer
Running a 3.5 game based on the Fire Emblem series; For those who don't know, one of the PCs has been voted to be the "prince," and they're on the run from their now invaded kingdom to rally a resistance among a scattered world against a ginat army. Lots of covert operations and travelling leading a large scuffle.

I'm buying some Paizo stuff, mostly books on the setting, which I enjoy, although I've also bought most of the rulebooks in pdf format, because they're worth $10/each for the ability to extract the artwork and use it in my home game alone.

I'm about to start playing a houseruled 3.5 in the Star Wars setting, post RotJ ignoring everything from the EU. Prior to that we were in a 3.5 Rise of the Runelords game, which partly fell apart because it was so poorly balanced. We discussed briefly making our new characters (after we almost all died again) as Pathfinder characters, but the GM had really had enough and pulled the plug.

And I'm still tinkering with my hombrew setting that uses a synthesis of d20 Modern and d20 Past (Shadow Stalkers campaign model) with a few other houserules, although I'm not currently running it or planning on running it in the immediate future. (Might be willing to try and start up a Pbp game there sometime soon, though. Maybe.)

Saracenus

Always In School Gamer
I am the WPN coordinator for D&D Encounters (4e) @ Guardian Games. I play and I am the drop dead backup DM. Wife plays and is a backup DM. We are down to 3 tables over the Winter Break, and will probably go back up to 4-5 in the next month or so. I will be stepping back from Encounters next season as I will start my death march through the CPA Exam will start after this term.

Wife will be playing in a homebrew Pathfinder campaign in the next month or so (I don't have time for this one).

My wife and I are players in a homebrew 4e campaign. This just getting off the ground.

Both of us are also WotC Playtesters (4e and soon D&D Next (5e)).

We play boardgames (and some card games) when possible.

My two coppers,

I see Hero has gone the Kickstarter route for some of their new material and that things look odd in other venues to my old eyes but there have been some great PDF sales where I picked up some great stuff.

The situation with Hero is interesting. Two of the three full time employees no longer work there (Steve Long and Darren Watts). They did the Kickstarted for Book of the Empress (Ishtavah V'ahn) to get the money to print it. Both Steve and Darren are planning on more Kickstarter books. They also just released a new license - one that has no royalty payments to Hero to create supplements and such. They still have to give it a once over and OK it, and if you want to see it in the Hero store, they get a cut. Free if you don't use the Hero store. Not an OGL but "For this book you can use our system for you setting/adventure etc. for free" but there is no open content. But being free it is very very attractive.

There are two or three companies that have already had a number of third party Hero books out - Blackwyrm games being the biggest. Lots of great stuff there.

As for my game, as the above info may imply, I play Hero (5th ed). Weekly group for Champions, and solo play with the wife on Weekends.

I also do some solo gaming for her with the Dresden Files rules.

Haven't played D&D for a few years, but am looking forward to the possibilities of the new edition. I've played every edition of D&D but OD&D (never had the pamphlets *sigh*)

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
So what is everyone else running or playing these days?

I've been running a monthly Pathfinder game for the past two and half years (?). Starting with a modified version of Keep on the Borderlands and then easing into the Curse of the Crimson Throne AP with the same players but a different group of PC's. We're now at the end of the second chapter.

I'm trying to gauge interest in a Mutants and Masterminds Young Justice type game and possibly a second AP game.

Squire James

First Post
I'm running a Pathfinder game based on the plots of two completely different anime series that none of my players are familiar with. I have the advantage of a LOT of background material to draw from. Some events in the anime series are background, others are converted into actual adventures, and a fair bit of material thrown out due to lack of player or DM interest. The biggest disadvantage is that sometimes the two series do not match up too well.

Since one of series was a giant-robot anime, I've made some... adaptations... of the rules. Not as many as one would think, though!

Remove ads