• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your Current Game?

Jon_Dahl

First Post
Well, about my current game...
Dear fellow gamers, I need plenty of good luck wishes right now! My girlfriend is planning to leave for a vacation for some weeks to see her parents and she'll not be able to call me because the signal is nonexistent there.

So now I just need to persuade my players to play D&D with me twice a week, which is certainly very hard because they have lot of commitments plus girlfriends and wives waiting at home...

But if I'm outrageously lucky, I can actually play twice a week which would be gygaxianly magnificent!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I was unaware that there was a Mage Knight board-game out now. How much does it have to do with the Mini's game that was cancelled a while back? Is it a relaunch?

Same world, different mechanics. Doesn't use clicky figures (except for the cities...)

It's a game by Vlaada Chvatil (Through the Ages, Galaxy Trucker, Dungeon Lords) who is one of the truly great modern boardgame designers - almost every game by him is well worth checking out. In the Mage Knight boardgame, you're an adventurer who wanders around the land destroying evil, exploring dungeons, conquering keeps and cities, or possibly just burning down monasteries to get at their artefacts!

The game comes with a lot of scenarios, and you gain VPs for a number of things, with bonus VPs for being the best in each category. The basic VP scores is your XP (fame). The categories are:

* Knowledge (Advanced Skills and Spells)
* Treasure (Artefacts and Mana Crystals)
* Leadership (Allies)
* Exploration/Evil Slaying (Monster Dens, Dungeons and Ruins explored)
* Conquest (Keeps, Mage Towers,

If you do "evil" actions during the game (conquest, looting villages, etc) your reputation goes down and it gets harder to get healing & recruit units in the world; if you do "good" actions (destroying marauding monsters), your reputation goes up.

There are both competitive and co-operative scenarios in the game.

And, apparently, the game might be sold out worldwide. This probably means a reprint really soon. It's a really good game, which plays partly like a deckbuilding/resource management game, and partly like a fantasy adventure game. There's so much to explore in the game...

Cheers!

SteelDraco

First Post
We just started back up our Pathfinder game that was on a break while I ran a Savage Worlds Deadlands game. We're 9th level or so, playing in a custom setting by the GM.

I'm trying to organize another Deadlands game, an adaptation of CoC's Masks of Nyarlathotep scenario where the PCs travel the world in a zeppelin. It's not progressing very quickly, though - I have three reliable players, but would like one or two more, and reliable players around here seems tough to find. Hopefully we'll be able to get things going soonish.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
Still running Pathfinder at the moment. Just wrapping up Rappen Athuk before having a short break and then starting up a new campaign in a month or so.

Smoss

First Post
Playing:
Testing out new rules in a friend's homebrew (weekly)
4e LFR (1/month or so)

GM-ing:
On hiatus - But want to start running my system for some people again
------------
Yeah, my current financial status has kept me from being able to do much on the gaming side and I really miss running a constant game...
Smoss

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Playing:
♦ 4e Dark Sun game (Story Hour) though we've dropped to about 1/month instead of the 1/week we were originally playing.
L4E PbP games here on EnWorld.
♦ A The One Ring PbP game here on EnWorld.

Running:
♦ Started an Eclipse Phase game, but not sure when I'll play again.
♦ Run a few L4E adventures.

Jhaelen

First Post
Sadly, the only game I'm currently playing is a 4e Dark Sun campaign. Both our DSA and Earthdawn campaigns are on an extended hiatus.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm currently running a bi-weekly Classic Deadlands game, and playing in an irregularly scheduled Star Wars Saga Edition game.

I'm considering adding some one-shots or short subjects in other systems in the new year, just to add some variety.

Mallus

Legend
Running: a surprisingly by-the-book AD&D campaign (I recently used the pummeling, grappling, and overbearing rules!) set in the early days of our 4e homebrew, with lots of stuff from Zak S.'s Vornheim, various OSR materials, and --forthcoming-- chunks of my favorite classic TSR modules.

The party recently fought i) dinosaurs, ii) an invisible half-orc assassin while they were drunk and in their civvies, iii) giant ants, and iv) a deep gnome thief named "Rumperdinck Slit-kin", who covered her escape by summoning an earth elemental out of a city street.

The campaign is going swimmingly. The party's current goals include taking out a thieves' guild and finding a body for the soul on a ancient Dragonborn mad scientist co-inhabiting the cleric's brain.

Oh, the party's level 4/5.

Playing: a highly-modified Pathfinder/Kingmaker campaign set in Eberron. My PC is an honorable, laconic, ancestor-worshiping elf whose like a cross between Storm (X-Men) and Hawkeye (Avengers). Who is also a Kinsey 6.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads