• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your favorite demon lord

Pell-Mell

First Post
Haagenti is my current favorite. I really like constructs/golems/robots and he is always a good excuse to toss another one into the game.

Pelwrath

First Post
Favorite Lower Planes Entities

Hmm, as I broke my teeth, so to speak, on the original white box, Gods, Demi-gods and Typos, etc. I have always perfered Orcus, Balzebub-BEFORE he was changed into a slug-that picture always kept me thinking of the original 'The Fly' movie and Jubilex. I think it was MMII but Anthraxus earned a spot in the honorable(?) mention.

I even had a player in 2E when a Deck of Many Things was discovered, drew the card that earned him the emnity of a lower plane leader. I gave him his choice as it seemd only fair that if it knew of him he should know which was after him. He said "Orcus, becuse I can just destroy any undead he sends after me, I'm a 9th cleric after all!"

Maybe I should go trawl the Paizo boards for this, but has anyone seen an electronic version of the Wayne Reynolds Demogorgon picture used for the last issue of Dungeon? I have the magazine, naturally, but I'd like an electronic version of the image without the titles and stuff all over it.

Luce

Explorer
Orkus, (AKA Tenebros) of the canon. Between Return to the Tomb of Horrors, Headless and two my players being a priest (Pelor) and flame steward, this power has been prominent in my campaign.

In my other (home) campaign:
The lord taking over layer 507 Occipitus . As the adventure path suggested, one who kills Adimarchus and bears the Sign of the smoking eye can replace him. One of my players did (turning into NPC) without changing from NG alg. Now we have a Demon Lord trying to redeem her Layer. As a DM I love it.It fells very close with the character's concept- redemption. The player has taken levels in both Tainted warrior(eryness)(DRG302) and infused(ghaele)(drg 321) and role-played the PC very well. It was very satisfying end to the particular campaign ark.

Note: I do not want to start a tangent discussion of how a demon can be non-evil.
In D&D we have fallen celestials. The template itself states "regardless of actual alg the creature is treated as evil by evil magic". The adventure (DUN 107) states :the gods of good wish for the layer to be redeemed. Take it as DM choice.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads