• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your Favorite Dungeon Villains and Locations?

Mr Vergee

First Post
My favorite location is definitely Ulmade Castle from 'Forgotten Man' in issue 75, a truly marvellous keep on the edge of a waterfall.

My favorite villain brother Selmo, the misguided priest from 'Priestly Secrets' (issue 71), whose good intentions unleash an ancient evil. Sweet, definitely one of my all time favorites.

Of course, I cannot help liking Smenk as well ...

Last edited:

RichGreen

Adventurer
Snotlord said:
Favorite locations (aside from Waterdeep and Isle of Dread, which probably does not count) are probably Istvin, the frost giant fortress in "Headless" and the Rift in "Kings of the Rift.

Headless was a great adventure and that fortress was excellent. I also like The Styes and, of course, Cauldron! I always liked the Oghma temple in Ex Libris and also the dungeon with cards from the Deck of Many Things locking each door. Shame I didn't get to play either of these.

Cheers

Richard

Old_Man_Fish

First Post
Villain: Thaddigren Dentiata (Along with the sons of the night organization) from In the Dread of Night, Issue 24.

Location: The tomb of blood everflowing from the mad gods key, Issue 114.

(of course, I am probably biased as these two were integral in one of my last campaigns)

Talir

First Post
I got a few locations that i have found memories of like Ward of withcing ways(#11), i think i have used that map for at least every group that i have dm for.

The forgotten man (#75) one of the coolest castle that i have seen in a rpg setting, exept meaby Ravenloft :D . Also Gethirah become one of the finest villian in my campaign.

Searching for those, I found so many that i wished i had played, or used at some point.

Shade

Monster Junkie
For villains, the draknor from "Thunder Under Needlespire", the "demon" in "A Question of Balance" (#14), and the puppetmaster in "Master of Puppets" (also #14).

For locales, Maure Castle, the Isle of Dread, and the Demonweb as featured in the Harrowing.

Wik

First Post
Well, Chief Lorpth, from the STAP, was a real pain for my group to fight. That rust monster was TOUGH, and coupled with the terrain in the fight, pretty much every PC was hampered. We lost both our tanks in that fight, and it was nearly a TPK. But it was a fun fight.

Avner Meravanchi should be on the list, too - even though he's not quite a villain. :p

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Gilladian said:
Flame. He was a great villain.

For a place/setting - Chadranthor's Bane - the "miniature" garden was fantastic.
Ditto on both of these! Ten years later, my players still talk about Chadranthor and that adventure.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads