Your favorite Star Wars villain who dies in the same episode he's introduced

Who is your favorite short-lived Star Wars villain?

Tarkin. For one thing, Grievous and Jabba don't really stand on thier own. A lot of their coolness and mystique comes from other sources. Grievous' backstory in the EU obviously adds to the character. And Jabba, while only on-screen in Jedi (Episode IV revised notwithstanding), played a significant role behind the scenes in all three original movies. Tarkin, however, stands alone.

Plus, he treated Vader like his lapdog, bluffed Princess Leia, and blew up an entire planet just to make a point.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I voted for Maul, but it truly is a tie with the Fett for me.

I was terribly disappointed with the Episode 3 version of Grievous. In Clone Wars, he was this impressive juggernaut of destruction who single-handedly slew the jedi. In Sith, he was a sick, cowardly robot whose lightsaber prowess lasted all of 20 seconds before he fled on his ridiculous-looking toy tie-in vehicle. :(

Warrior Poet

Explorer
Yes, this:
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Plus, he treated Vader like his lapdog, bluffed Princess Leia, and blew up an entire planet just to make a point.

Excellent observations by the way. Yeah, I didn't realize just how fearsome Vader was, really, until Empire (and then there was no doubt, for me, that he was the baddest dude in the galaxy), but for New Hope, and in the context of this poll, it was Tarkin, for precisely what you said. That man was truly villainous, and he carried it off with ease. Awesome!

Warrior Poet

I went with Maul, but he was very poorly used. He's got the best potential, though, I think. One of the few EU pieces I like is the Dark Horse Darth Maul graphic novel, where he single-handedly takes down the Star Wars mafia.

He's kinda like the Terminator, but he's a Sith Lord and looks like the devil--that's bad-ass right there.

Testament

First Post
Greivous. Of course, I'm talking about the nightmarish whirlwind of destruction that he was in Clone Wars, which is how he deserves to be remembered.

He only just beats out Grand Moff Tarkin though.

Remove ads