D&D General Your last adventure in photos.

darjr

I crit!
Oh, I forgot to add: you see that deck of illusions, nestled up against the DM screen? Well, I had the set all built for that fire giant fight, assuming it was inevitable. And one of the players decided to use her deck of illusions to try to pull an illusion that would distract the guards enough for the party to sneak past. And I was all, "psssh, sure, go for it." And then she pulled the cloud giant card. So that set barely got used.
I’m sorry I laughed out loud, cause I’ve been there!

Clint_L

Hero
She tried the same trick with the red dragon to try to get surprise and actually managed to pull the frost giant card, so her luck was ridiculous, but dragons are a lot more perceptive than fire giants so all she managed to do was cause it to immediately start searching for the intruders. You can see the frost giant miniature in this photo, at the bottom (she was trying to make it look like it was going for the loot). And that's her character wildshaped into a giant eagle, fleeing for her life:

Red Dragon Lair 4.jpg

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
How about your NEXT adventure in photos? ;)

On the left is where had to call the last session: a quick and dirty tracing on the battlemat to show relative position and foliage along the road as the party is being overtaken by attacking hellhounds.

370288077_903359971421101_1020086254359482654_n.jpg
371491352_2979154282218536_5009918717870281490_n.jpg

On the right is how I set it up for tonight's session as we continue. . .

Clint_L

Hero
The party finally found the last piece needed to free our druid from a curse that was rapidly aging her and traveled back to the shrine where it all began to exorcise and then defeat the demon within her. This battle was VERY touch and go; her demon evolved into a Nabassu when it was forced from her body, and it absolutely shredded our barbarian with its necrotic attacks. In desperation he used his oil of etherealness to try to get some breathing room, but a lingering effect took him down to 0 HP while on the ethereal plane where no one could reach him. He then proceeded to fail his first two death saves, but luckily made the following three and reappeared an hour later, unconscious but alive.

It was pretty dramatic watching those last three rolls; if any of them failed he was just dead with nothing anyone could do about it. I loved it.
SB1.jpg

SB6.jpg

Remove ads