Your most anticipated games of 2016?

Goodman games DCC Mutant Crawl Classics and the DCC Lankmar game. Both based off of DCC but both complete games and different. I think they will be compatible but I'm not sure.

Goodman games DCC Mutant Crawl Classics and the DCC Lankmar game. Both based off of DCC but both complete games and different. I think they will be compatible but I'm not sure.

crazy_cat

Adventurer
Yeah, I missed out on it too. My wife and I had a child last year, so RPGs have taken a backseat to everything else. I missed it, but I'm a huge fan of the Robert Howard Conan stories and some of the pastiches. This is the RPG I'm looking forward to. It better be good because my time for gaming is so limited! I'm backing this horse for my entertainment time.
The Conan RPG by Modiphius hasn't been KS'd yet - it is in open testing at the moment.

I think you are getting it confused with various boardgame Conan things (with/without minis) which have funded and are underway, and a Conan pre-painted minis line which cancelled without funding.

Atlatl Jones

Explorer
I'd been curious what the system would be like. I know some of the folks who worked on Marvel Heroic are part of the design team, so I'd wondered if it might resemble that in any way.

I'll probably give it a pass, though. Between BASH! UE and Supers! ReD, I don't think I need another superhero RPG. The Sentinels card game is outstanding, though!
They released the character sheets from the games they used at GenCon, though I can't seem to find them now. The game was reminiscent of Marvel Heroic, without the need for bucketfuls of dice, and also of the Sentinels card game.

Zhaleskra

Adventurer
Everything I've seen about the game suggest it will use a brand new system, inspired by Fate insomuch that they both have a narrative bent. From what I recall, it has a die pool mechanic using various standard polydice, not fudge dice.

I'm not even sure what you mean by "narrative bent". For the card game, I don't care about the story, I just want to fight villains and use variations of the heroes I like. Not really fond of dice pool mechanics, even though I own the core World of Darkness book, Changeling the Lost, and Changing Breeds; and yes, I want to run them.

turkeygiant

First Post
I think we might see Scion 2e from Onyxpath before the end of the year and that has me super excited.

I guess Exalted 3e could be on the list again this year, still technically isn't up for sale.

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
The things that I am looking forward to for 2016 are:

No Thank You Evil,
The Skybourne Campaign Setting
The Aethera Campaign Setting and
The Legendary Planet Adventure Path

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
I was moderately interested in the upcoming Sentinels of the Multiverse RPG until I read that it was going to use the Fate Core system, which I have learned game from Fudge. This is mostly an "I only like specialty dice with more (or fewer) sides, and sometimes just as a novelty" thing. Would I have fun with such a system? I don't know. What I do know is I don't want to have to get special system specific dice to find out. I'm much more likely to do my own SotM RPG using systems I already have or learning HERO.

My group adapted SotM with Fate Accelerated but from this conversation, the system is a "new one that you've never heard of because it's brand new! It's also very cool." The dice it uses are "Standard polyhedral. d4 through d12" and SotM's game design director says, "From what I've seen, I'd say it's closest to Apocalypse World, but still very different from that. And that's just my impressions: Cam, Dave, and Phillipe [the designers] might feel very differently!"

And as an aside, you can play Fate with normal d6s if you don't want to get the specialty dice. One guy in our group does that and it doesn't slow the game down in the least.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Right. No more nominations! Here is the final list.

7th Sea 2nd Edition
Alas Vegas
Aquelarre
Blades in the Dark
Blue Rose (Fantasy AGE)
Changeling the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition
Conan (Modiphius)
Crypts and Things Remastered
DCC Lankhmar
DCC Mutant Crawl Classics
Delta Green
Dresden Files Accelerated