Your one favorite monster book

JoeGKushner

First Post
If it's just one, then the Monster Manual 3.5 edition. Core book that in essence, makes the rest of the monster manuals out there possible.

It's really hard for me to narrow it down to just one.
Forgetting the core MM, I have to go with Tome of Horrors (I). Close on it's heals, however, is Monsternomicon.

Last edited:

derelictjay

Explorer
As favorite monster books, well except for the obligitory MM. I'd go with the Monsternomicon first, the beasties there rock, and the Book of Fiends gets a good nod by me.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
Monsternomicon all the way for me. Although the Revised Creature Collection 1 and Denizens of Avadnu come close. I wasn't overly impressed with Tome of Horrors 1. It felt like nothing but a collection of stats with no fluff to beef it up. Good thing I'm an old-time player and know some of the background on many of the monsters in those pages, otherwise, it's utility would have dropped greatly.

Some other great monster books:
Creatures of Rokugan
Bestiary of Krynn
Monsters of the Mind
Liber Bestarius
Penumbra Fantasy Bestiary

Kane

fredramsey

First Post
Tome of Horrors I and II.

I went through Tome of Horrors I with a pad of post-its to mark things I want to use. I would have been better off putting post-its on things I *didn't* want to use. :D

The_Universe

First Post
Other than the 3.5 MM, Monsternomicon is by far the most fun to read, although I curse it for not having a chart that organizes monster by CR! *shakes fist*

Other than that, Draconomicon, Tome of Horrors I, MMII, and then Fiend Folio.

Remove ads