D&D 5E Your one hope for D&D?

painted_klown

First Post
Official short adventure modules.

Came in to post this. Additionally, I would like to see no more than six of these per year, so that I could keep up on my meager budget.

I would also like to see more books taking old modules and converting them to 5E. Admittedly, I am more excited for Tales From the Yawning Portal than any book since the three core books. Sure, the longer campaign books are great, but I can never seem to get (or keep) a group together long enough to make it through one.

Smaller, shorter adventures would be VERY welcome by me. :)

A more realistic armor system.

I'm not sure if its possible, and there's probably already plenty of systems out there that do this. But one can dream, right?

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Do you think they will get around to all settings eventually?
Maybe not all of them. But it seems more likely that eberron will have an update since they are trying to come up with an artificer. With the mystic, dark sun becomes more likely to get an update, I hope it does, even if only something similar to SCAG although some space may need to be devoted to monster updates.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Sure they are. I think the Eberron magic economy would work just fine in 5e, for instance. Just because magic item creation rules don't currently exist in 5e doesn't mean it can't happen in the world. In fact, I think 5e's approach to magic item rarity makes more sense for Eberron than either of the past two editions. Lots of low level magic, very very little high level magic (resurrection, teleportation, etc.) I think there would be some subtle changes (linking Dragonmarks to rituals more than spells). Probably the biggest changes would be among the Dragonmarks abilities and the cosmology. Not sure on the specifics right now though.

Hmm. You may have a point there. I do think the magic item values and cost by rarity would need to be reworked for Eberron, though.

What would you be changing about Eberron, then?

For me, it seems vastly preferable to use variant rules in 5e than to change the setting, but I'm curious what about the setting you'd see changed.

Shiroiken

Legend
Detailed notes of the original Greyhawk campaign, including: Castle Greyhawk (both original and expanded), the Free City of Greyhawk, and the surrounding areas (pre-Darleen). Some of that could be possible (if legal issues and personality conflicts are resolved), but if wishing for the impossible: videos of every session to go with the notes.

Remove ads