D&D 5E Your one hope for D&D?

76512390ag12

First Post
Thread title says "Your one hope for D&D".

Doesn't say anything about edition....

Lanefan

You are completely correct, I withdraw my snark, and look forward to AD&D 1.1e.
Not that I'll be buying it.

EDIT: Oh hang on, the forum is "D&D 5th Edition News, Rules, Homebrews, and House Rules

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/editpost.php?p=7061493&do=editpost#ixzz4cEh8iwDn"

Last edited:

No full new edition ever? I mean, we are hoping here, why not go big?

And I've been looking at it, and 5e can handle most ideas I have. Including porting 4e classes, or even Star Wars Saga Edition classes. Like...you could make a 5e: Saga Editon that ignores the existing classes, and replaces them with Saga style talent based classes, and it would run fine. Same with 4e classes.

The basic foundations of 5e are really sound. As long as you present wildly divergent ideas in a package that comes as a "variant" game, I don't see why you couldn't go nuts without rebooting the game into a new edition again.

At most, give us a new printing of the updated core books with errata, the revised ranger, and some fixes to math and wording that would be too big for errata in 5e. And to that, I'd be cool with...maybe...2020?

Because it would still be playable right alongside first printing 5e, ya know?

2027 is not ever, it is about the same time 3.5/pathfinder is actually running up.
For now 5ed has proven to be able to evolve without scrapping everything.
The revisited ranger, the multiple playtest of UA show a good future.
After an edition war DnD need stability. A Hope for peace ?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
2027 is not ever, it is about the same time 3.5/pathfinder is actually running up.
For now 5ed has proven to be able to evolve without scrapping everything.
The revisited ranger, the multiple playtest of UA show a good future.
After an edition war DnD need stability. A Hope for peace ?

You may have misunderstood me? I wasn't suggesting that you were saying "never", I was saying that if we are hoping, I'd rather hope for never a new edition, for precisely the reasons you mention.

You may have misunderstood me? I wasn't suggesting that you were saying "never", I was saying that if we are hoping, I'd rather hope for never a new edition, for precisely the reasons you mention.

Sorry I did in fact misunderstood you! My translator processor do lazy job sometime.
Welcome to the club on misunderstood poster.

The whole concept of edition slowly change.
DnDbeyond open the possibility of keeping the actual edition forever, and only selling new package, revised rules, etc..,
You may be right.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Sorry I did in fact misunderstood you! My translator processor do lazy job sometime.
Welcome to the club on misunderstood poster.

The whole concept of edition slowly change.
DnDbeyond open the possibility of keeping the actual edition forever, and only selling new package, revised rules, etc..,
You may be right.

I hope so. There is no reason that the game couldn't have optional modules for more complex weapons, variants of the classes, a sci-fi setting and alternate classes for it, or whatever else

Remove ads