Your Pizza Order

What are your three favorite pizza toppings?

• Anchovies

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Apples

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Artichoke hearts

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Asparagus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bacon

Votes: 19 13.5%
  • Bamboo shoots

• Banana peppers

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Basil

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Bell pepper

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Butternut squash

• Canadian bacon

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Capers

• Cauliflower

• Chicken

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Chili oil/chili crisp

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Chutney

• Clams

• Eggplant

• Garlic

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Ground beef

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Ham

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Hazelnuts

• Hearts of palm

• Jalapenos

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Lobster

• Olives, black

Votes: 19 13.5%
  • Olives, green

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Olives, kalamata

• Olive oil

• Onion, green (scallions)

• Onion, raw

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Onion, pickled

• Mayonnaise

• Meatballs

• Mushrooms

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • Pepperoni

Votes: 64 45.4%
  • Pepperocinis

• Pineapple

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Pine nuts

• Potato

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Sausage

Votes: 42 29.8%
  • Shrimp

• Smoked oysters

• Spinach

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Tomatoes, fresh

• Tomatoes, sun-dried

• Zucchini

• Ketchup

• Tuna

• Sriracha

• Kimchi

The beer was a very good idea. I'm impressed. But this is a pasta bread bowl we are talking about and you forget pineapple's most relevant property: potassium. As we all know it can help regular heart rate and reduce the tachycardia inducing evil of a salty pasta bowl. Just looking at a pasta bowl makes my heart race with sheer anxiety. The effort to eat one alone brings my heart from a calm 70 beats per minute to 99 beats per minute, and the process of digestion sends me to 120 beats per minute. The only humane solution is pineapple. Now perhaps you say "Their heart's beating too fast? Serves them right for getting a pasta bread bowl!". And I would be sympathetic to this argument but let's not forget about the innocent children who never even wanted a pasta bread bowl but had to endure one because their parents had full command of the menu.
I think we both agree that pineapple is a fine fruit, which may be great on certain foods. Pizza, pasta bread bowls, and mash potatoes are not those foods. Also, pasta bread bowls are obviously a gross attach life itself.

Xamnam

Loves Your Favorite Game
The metallic taste of canned tomatoes, pineapples, and other acidic foods can be cooked out if you take the time to simmer or fry them first...but a lot of pizzerias just put the canned sauce right onto the raw dough. Unfortunately, that 10-15 minutes in the oven isn't enough time to cook out that metallic can-flavor. There's not much you can do about non-acidic canned foods, like mushrooms...that flavor is there to stay.

But, ya know, maybe that's what you're into?
I honestly blame a decent amount of the unreasonable hostility towards pineapple on poor experiences from shoddy ingredients and/or preparation.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
The metallic taste of canned tomatoes, pineapples, and other acidic foods can be cooked out if you take the time to simmer or fry them first...but a lot of pizzerias just put the canned sauce right onto the raw dough. Unfortunately, that 10-15 minutes in the oven isn't enough time to cook out that metallic can-flavor. There's not much you can do about non-acidic canned foods, like mushrooms...that flavor is there to stay.
But what about mushrooms...from jars?

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
But what about mushrooms...from jars?
They're okay in my book. They still have that chewy, overcooked texture that puts some people off, but I don't mind the flavor as much. I'll use a jar of mushrooms in foods that I know are going to be cooked for a long time, like soups and stews...but I try not to use them in quick-cooking things like omelets and pizzas, where it's harder to hide how overcooked they are.

I like canned tomatoes. My mom and aunts used to cook a lot with canned tomatoes, canned crushed tomatoes, etc. Was pretty common for making pasta sauce. If you are making sauce with any kind of meat in it, you want to do it for 3 hours or more (just like a soup).

On a pizza the biggest problem I've encountered is places putting way too much tomato paste in the sauce

I think we both agree that pineapple is a fine fruit, which may be great on certain foods. Pizza, pasta bread bowls, and mash potatoes are not those foods. Also, pasta bread bowls are obviously a gross attach life itself.

I could quibble but we both seem to appreciate the benefit of pineapple and the unholy violation of filling hollowed out bread with pasta. I'm just glad the pasta sandwich has never taken off in the same way.

Admittedly, the best thing about it was that you could have it in maybe 5 minutes, without it having sat under a heat lamp for hours. It was better than the pizza at my high school and about as good as the cheap chain place, but worse than a good shop.

I can see that. I'm actually not that picky about fast food. I can't eat it any more due to dietary restrictions but ten years ago, I used to eat quarter pounders with cheese quite a bit (and just generally avoided the fries)

Ryujin

Legend
I can see that. I'm actually not that picky about fast food. I can't eat it any more due to dietary restrictions but ten years ago, I used to eat quarter pounders with cheese quite a bit (and just generally avoided the fries)
Since my Type 2 diagnosis I've been watching my carbs, so pizza has largely been out. Used to put away a whole medium pie and still be hungry, so I've gotten used to just being hungry all the time now ;)

And Keto Pizza, at least what I've tried so far, is a sin against Man and Nature.

Zardnaar

Legend
Where I went to school, lunch room pizza had that industrial perforated look (we should all be asking serious questions about why these pizzas needed those holes in the crust). The crust was always floppy, and I am pretty sure the end result didn't actually meet any standard definition of pizza. It was also brilliantly marketed. The lunch room propaganda machine somehow managed to get us excited every week that pizza friday was around the bend. One bite and you remembered their words we all lies

Heh in 80s lunch was only on Fridays.

1 NZD (50-60 cents) got you a buttered hot bun and

Mince pie or
Mince pasties or
Apple pie

And the other option was a filled roll and cream bun for 1.20.

Otherwise bring your own.

Remove ads