Your RPG achievements

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
For me lots of things but the most recent: running D&D4e successfully for a year, in spite of the game not being a good fit for me and my way of GM:ing (I'm a lot more freewheeling than the way my group wants to play D&D4e).

Before that ... my 400 hour WFRP campaign, running Masks of Nyarlathotep three times, pulling a bait and switch (war to horror) to the delight of the players ... hmmm ... and writing a bunch of things.

And my iAltdorf map. If nothing else, I hope it has brought joy to WFRP players all over the world.

/M

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
A lot of mine are based around GenCon
  • 1st GenCon in Milwaukee
  • Playtester for the defuncted WFRPv1 magic book
  • Coming in 2nd place in the Marvel Superhero Tournament
  • Last GenCon in Milwaukee
  • Playing Space 1889 with RA Salvatore at that last Gencon
  • 1st GenCon in Indianapolis
  • DMing Tome of Horrors
  • DMing the complete Against the Gaints and Queen of the Spiders back to back
  • Meeting Gary Gygax and getting the chance to talk with him
  • Meeting a number of other movers & shakers
  • This site - it is a high-light and a lot that happened in my gaming history came from stopping by here over the years

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
  • ENnies Judge 6 times
  • Written hundreds of reviews, gotten paid for some, gotten books from many of the big publishers, gotten some in print
  • Ran or been part of 10 campaigns in the same homebrew that have built off of each other
  • Ran and completed World's Largest Dungeon
  • Ran Rifts from first to 15th level
  • Ran a 3e campaign that went to demi god hood
  • Most importantly though it is the people and friends I have meet through gaming

Stormonu

Legend
Running I6 - Ravenloft and I10 - House on Griffon Hill simultaneously. And my players still talk about it, 20 years later.

Getting The Winter Tapestry published in Dungeon magazine - and a Nodwick cartoon made about it, to boot.

Finally publishing (in 2008) my own "monster manual" I started compiling back when the original MM2 came out.

Wicht

Hero
Working backwards:
- I have an RPG book with my name on it going into print this coming November.
- I Contributed to Froghemoth lore by getting my article into Kobold Quarterly.
- My children made extensive plans to buy more dice for themselves at Origins.
- I Finished an 18 month long Rise of the Rune Lords campaign with the whole family.
- I ran an Expedition to Castle Ravenloft and introduced my children to Strahd.
- In college, a group of us maintained an intensive year long campaign which began in the Forgotten Realms and ended up in Ravenloft. We started at 1st level and after many nights of gaming ended up at about 12th level using 2e.
- As a kid, I learned that all you needed to run a game was one other soul and a set of dice. My brother and I would often sit outside and make up stories without the aid of the books or maps, just using a set of dice and our own imaginations.

Mallus

Legend
1e: Killed friend's hawk familiar with 3-charge hit from my Staff of Striking during tournament to establish whose PC was the toughest -- hey, we were in high school!

2e: Created my 1st (great) homebrew setting, the World of the Islands. Ran a super-immersive, nation-building heavy, multi-year campaign.

3e: Co-created my 2nd (great) homebrew setting, CITY, Ran another multi-year campaign, which featured some of the best characters I've ever had the pleasure of running for: Burne & Abraxis, Lord Kenji & Dr. Wu, Rackhir, Meiji, Atlatl Jones.

4e: Co-created my 3rd (great) homebrew setting, the Port on the Aster Sea. Played my most offensive-and-yet-still playable PC ever: Sir Yatagan Fracas.

M&M2e: Created one of the best superheroes evar: Joséirus, the Egyptian God of Mexican Wrestling (and devout Catholic). I defy you lot to do better!

edit: really, the only important thing I've done through gaming is make, and entertain, good friends.

Last edited:

maddman75

First Post
- Created a successful Meetup.com group, with several weekly games and several new players to the hobby as a result.
- Ran a musical episode of Buffy: the Vampire Slayer
- Finished Shadows of Yog-Sothoth in Call of Cthulhu
- Has player-created newspaper in Call of Cthulhu
- Ran halloween Call of Cthulhu LARP
- Won my first Blood Bowl game

Finding a hobby that has provided some of the best times ever with good friends that has lasted 30 years so far.

Oh and.......

TALKED BACK TO ODIN.....AND LIVED!!!

(Best DM log campaign note ever)

Dragonbait

Explorer
Random things that I'm proud of:

- Won a Blood Bowl league with a Chaos team, and had all my Chaos Warriors with Block and Dodge by the end of it.
- Completed a year-and-a-half campaign, GMing almost every weekend.
- Created a fantasy setting that seems to have interested players enough that they would request that I run it each time I GMed D&D, and they could name countries and cultures from the setting.. Then I finally blew up the world.

Matchstick

Adventurer
- GenCon at Parkside. Met Gary Gygax, Phil Foglio, the Hildebrandts, Rowena, and Elmore. A room just for computer games (I bought Telengard there)! The con was SO much smaller then! I remember the dealer floor being in a gymnasium (or something about that size)!

- My Dad and I at Parkside. Just us two, no little brother or Mom. We drove there in a blue van with red and white carpeting and curtains (those were the days). We slept in the van. When we walked around GenCon Dad was like a little kid (like me I suppose). It's a favorite memory.

- My parents encouraged me to play D&D, and I'm proud of them for recognizing that it wasn't something evil, it was an opener of minds. I'm proud that I'm trying to continue that tradition with my kids.

- Playing in a long time campaign (so long that it switched from Chivalry and Sorcery to Rolemaster) and being the only character that survived the entire time. And that was despite doing some very wisdom-challenged things.

- I'm proud of running a Chill campaign that had my high school buddies scared. Really scared.

- Right now I'm very proud that I just took the bit in my teeth and started the VTT game that our group had been talking about for YEARS. At some point someone had to just do it, and that was me.

Remove ads