YS's Red Hand of Doom (OOC--Recruiting Cleric)

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Yellow Sign said:
Jdvn1 and Lord_Raven88,

Did you want to still do your posted actions or do something different?
Same action is fine by me, once we've dealt with the foes at hand Delghar will do his best to help the others.

Rhun

First Post
What would be the DC for Vrogor to charge across the courtyard, leap into the air, catch hold of the roof of the building the manticore is on with his free hand, and pull himself up next to the creature?

Is that even feasible?

Rhun

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
You'd at least provoke an AoO...

Vrogor is in a rage...that wouldn't even occur to him. I figure there would have to be a Jump Check, and probably a Str Check to pull himself up.

If he can't get to the manticore, he'll probably just go after the bugbear...

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Probably a Climb check to pull himself up (if no ranks, Str - ACP).

I'm not even sure you have a straight line to charge--the manticore looks to be blocked by a wall. Though you know it's there.

I'm curious as to what that bugbear is doing. Buffing? Polymorphing? Summoning? Teleporting?

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Rhun said:
Vrogor is in a rage...that wouldn't even occur to him. I figure there would have to be a Jump Check, and probably a Str Check to pull himself up.

If he can't get to the manticore, he'll probably just go after the bugbear...

While he couldn't charge, Vrogor could move and then try a jump and climb check to get on the roof with the Manitcore. Though he would need to have his hands free. If he had a weapon in one hand there would be a modifier to his climb check. And the Manticore might get a AOO as he climbed up too.

YS

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Jdvn1 said:
Hm? What's the Jump/Climb check? How high is it? What kind of wall is it?

Ok,
Vrogor has a movement of 30 feet. He could move to the wall of the building that the manticore is on and then attempt to climb the wall to get on the roof. DC 20 Climb check. Though the wall is 10 foot tall so he would need to expend 40 feet of moment to get to the top and on the roof. So with a move (30') and a move (30') and a successful climb he would still be on the wall and would have to wait until next turn to complete his climb up and on the roof. He would also need both hands free to climb.

YS

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Yellow Sign said:
While he couldn't charge, Vrogor could move and then try a jump and climb check to get on the roof with the Manitcore. Though he would need to have his hands free. If he had a weapon in one hand there would be a modifier to his climb check. And the Manticore might get a AOO as he climbed up too.

Okay, that makes sense. I'll have to think about it! And I didn't mean "charge" as in the "charge action." I guess I should have said "move" across the courtyard... :D

Remove ads