Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" OOC 2

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I understand. You have been to heII and back, but heII ain't wanting to leave you alone. HeII wants to continue with its torment.

Scott DeWar

Depending on the interweb access time, I will most likely be AFK, much to my surprise as of 5 pm central time.

Leif

Adventurer
Scotley in IC said:
OOC: Power attack and str bonus scale up to 150% with a two handed weapon. The amount of power attack is fixed based on bab. So at a bab of +5 power attack with a two handed weapon is -2 to hit and +6 to damage. He gets +4 to hit and a +6 on damage as well from str. He's using a +1 magic weapon and weapon focus and weapon specialization for +2 to hit and +3 to damage. Then he gets a +2 to for flanking as well. So his attack bonus is +3 (down from +5 for bab due to power attack)+4 Str (of 18), +1 for weapon focus, +1 for the magic weapon +2 for flanking for a total of +11, (I think I missed the weapon focus when I rolled as I only did +10). Damage is +1 for the magic weapon, +2 for weapon specialization +6 for strength (+4 for an 18 x1.5 for the two-handed weapon) and +6 for the power attack (again +4 x1.5 for the two-handed weapon) so a total of +15.

This is some of the coolest sh*t I have ever seen in my life.

One thing about the crit damage, though -- the way I read the rule, you only roll additional dice, one more damage die for X2 weapons or two more dice for X3 weapons. And the way the rule looks to me, as i recall, the bonus damage for str, feats, magic, whatever, is not multiplied at all.

Scotley

Hero
This is some of the coolest sh*t I have ever seen in my life.

One thing about the crit damage, though -- the way I read the rule, you only roll additional dice, one more damage die for X2 weapons or two more dice for X3 weapons. And the way the rule looks to me, as i recall, the bonus damage for str, feats, magic, whatever, is not multiplied at all.

Sadly, that is Pathfinder not 3.5. Still it is pretty cool. I do think everything not just the die roll is doubled. Special damage like sneak attack is not, but feats and such are.

Scott DeWar

So using the rules for 3.5 the damage bonus should be +6 for Str, +3 for power attack, +2 for specialization and +1 magic so +12 not +15. So total damage of 21 not 24.

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...on-Cult-(Standing-Stones)/page8#ixzz40ZOF3GSM

You do realize how hilarious this is . . . Here we are at level 4 and you have +21 to damage. yeesh! I don't think there is a single spell in John's book that does that much damage in total!

by the way, I just double checked and I am confused

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#critical
first it says:

When your character scores a critical hit, roll the damage two, three, or four times, as indicated by its critical multiplier ([HI]using all applicable modifiers on each roll)[/HI], and add all the results together.
then it says:​

Exception:
[HI]Extra damage over and above a weapon’s normal damage is not multiplied[/HI] when you score a critical hit.

So, do you double your str, feat and magic and what ever, or not?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Scotley, as always, is absolutely correct. I bow to his wisdom. I plead infection of my brain by Pathfinder.

Oh, and DeWar, "Extra damage, over and above the weapon's normal damage," is referring to things like sneak attack damage and poison damage, NOT strength, feat, and magic bonuses.

Last edited:

Remove ads