Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" OOC 2

Leif

Adventurer
Sorry to hear about your crash. Glad no one was hurt. She just does not know how lucky she was that you weren't driving the way you used to do. She'd now be a bug smear on your windshield, if so.

Scotley

Hero
Sorry to hear about your crash. Glad no one was hurt. She just does not know how lucky she was that you weren't driving the way you used to do. She'd now be a bug smear on your windshield, if so.

Well, she caught me stopped at a light. Had I been moving I could have dodged I'm sure, but I only realized just in time to utter a couple of choice cuss words that she wasn't going to stop. I was stuck with nowhere to run.

Leif

Adventurer
Well, she caught me stopped at a light. Had I been moving I could have dodged I'm sure, but I only realized just in time to utter a couple of choice cuss words that she wasn't going to stop. I was stuck with nowhere to run.
Figures. At a light with your britches down.

Radaceus

Adventurer

Ouch man, hope it all turns out for the better

Flashback for me, 1998, I was the one crashing through the lights in my 78 Crewcab dodge 1 ton dually, with a load of debris on from a renovation, on my way to the dump, 4 pm rush hour in downtown Bremerton. The light went yellow to red, I am trying to stop as navy yard traffic is turning right...braking...nope not slowing down...pump, pump, pump.... My master cylinder failed...Pulling the e-brake...I still slid out into the first guy turning right at approximately 50MpH with a ton on my one ton.. 88 Jeep Cherokee, clipped his tail..i turned hard to the opposite which forced him to roll around my nose and dent every piece of his piece of__, sending him into a tail spin off ahead....meanwhile thankfully, my counter steer destroyed his jeep but kept us from a head on and it sent me toward the guys waiting opposite of him...I slid to a stop just as I dented the front fender of a 68 Oldsmobile Cutlass in mint condition...the lady was driving to pick up her husband, it was his car; she just picked it up from service and he never lets her drive it...she was bawling her eyes out, the guy in the Jeep Cherokee got out not a scratch on him but dizzy and dazed, not a lick of glass left in his jeep, almost every inch dented. My Dodge had not a scratch, didnt lose my load...but I was very upset about damaging that Oldsmobile!

/flashback over

that was the only accident I have ever been the driver/cause of in my life.

Scotley

Hero
Ouch man, hope it all turns out for the better

Flashback for me, 1998, I was the one crashing through the lights in my 78 Crewcab dodge 1 ton dually, with a load of debris on from a renovation, on my way to the dump, 4 pm rush hour in downtown Bremerton. The light went yellow to red, I am trying to stop as navy yard traffic is turning right...braking...nope not slowing down...pump, pump, pump.... My master cylinder failed...Pulling the e-brake...I still slid out into the first guy turning right at approximately 50MpH with a ton on my one ton.. 88 Jeep Cherokee, clipped his tail..i turned hard to the opposite which forced him to roll around my nose and dent every piece of his piece of__, sending him into a tail spin off ahead....meanwhile thankfully, my counter steer destroyed his jeep but kept us from a head on and it sent me toward the guys waiting opposite of him...I slid to a stop just as I dented the front fender of a 68 Oldsmobile Cutlass in mint condition...the lady was driving to pick up her husband, it was his car; she just picked it up from service and he never lets her drive it...she was bawling her eyes out, the guy in the Jeep Cherokee got out not a scratch on him but dizzy and dazed, not a lick of glass left in his jeep, almost every inch dented. My Dodge had not a scratch, didnt lose my load...but I was very upset about damaging that Oldsmobile!

/flashback over

that was the only accident I have ever been the driver/cause of in my life.

Scary stuff man. And sad to hear about the '68 Olds. Mine was of course just a minor bit of annoyance really. I've had a few other crashes, but all relatively minor, which is likely some sort of miracle given the fast and aggressive way I drive. That's what Leif was alluding to. It no doubt seemed unlikely to him that somebody could manage to catch up to me to hit me from behind.

Still waiting on them to make a decision about fixing or totally my car. Is very frustrating to wait and wonder. Would rather have an answer so I can take some action rather than just sitting by the phone. Going on 4 days waiting to hear and getting pretty bored with it.

Leif

Adventurer
Yes, your experiences with car crashes have pretty much been on the other end of the severity scale from mine.

Indeed. Not too many of them, maybe, but when I do something, I tend to bloody well do it RIGHT! (Or wrong, depending on your point of view...)

Remove ads